@£king duo moves dish when IT want too

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,017 times. The last Post () by sparky.

• As the thread states my duo moves the dish when it feels li doing so is there something I'm doing wrong?it was working great not 60 mins ago and now its not doing bugger all just when I want it for th footy was h same last night too but it's been happening for months but it seems to right it self some how but now its getting on my nerves lol grrrrr:beated::beated:

• shouldn't do this without it being told to - there can be a number of reasons - firstly, let us know what setup you have, and how you have each tuner set up in your tuner configuration, also do you have any other receiver that is controlling the dish with a pass through or another feed to the same dish? Do you have the EPG set to grab Opentv data at certain intervals? - in the recording settings, do your recordings take priority, and if so do you have any recordings that could be causing this?

There are plenty that can be causing this - you need to narrow it down and look at the settings to see if any of these are causing it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• recordings or open epg data - As usual Musogeek is ALL over the possible problems ! Be sure to go through all relevant menus to check what has been suggested.

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Sorry guys iv not explained myself properly the dish wont always move to when i want it to i.e 10e for footy. It was just standing still(no power), i moved it manually and it seemed to not have much power one way???.

Tuner a (advanced) using disc 1.2 setting as my house is old and made out of stone I.e well out of plumb lol
    Tuner b (simple) fixed dish 28.2

No just my duo set up to use motorised dish
    Do you have the EPG set to grab Opentv data at certain intervals? ( not sure what this is but my epg collects data at 4am?)
    Yes recordings take priority but there wasn't any recording at that time but there was some set for 90 mins later

Thanks in advance guys for taking time to look at my problem

Sparky

• Can you tell us what image you are using please bud?

Also check in the tuner config under Satfinder & Positioner if it is possible to move the dish to different sats,if all is ok in here then at least that should rule out a connection fault or loose connections.

Let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I will do thanks mate no not a penny worth at all ill try anything it hasn't worked all day I just go and just to see and it's worked for first time today :-( ill check cables tmoz and update :-(

• Maybe a slightly corrupted image issue?

I condemned a perfectly good working TM2300 motor when i tried all the connections and tested all the cables. The Open AAF image i had on the box at the time became corrupted, everything worked fine apart from it wouldn't move the motor correctly.

I only suspected the image after i installed a new motor and it still didn't work correctly. I installed a completely new image and away it went. The old TM2300 is also still working fine.

Do you have another receiver to test your setup with before condemning anything?

Nano

• I have a new ultimo coming wed/thurs so ill try that see what it says thanks for all your help guys

Btw the ultimo cost me £480 with 3 sat tuners and 2tb hard drive delivered so the prices have started to come down already

• very nice box - Happy xmas mate ! Check under your motor with the box on to see if there is a green light lit up - if it has one that is -
    If motors move east and west (left or right) when manually driven then it is doubtful the problem is hardware based !
    Did you attempt to flash a new image - you can always back up your existing settings if your worried about messing things up.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!