ViX introduces HbbTV forALL VU+ receivers!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,661 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• From OpenViX 3.0-450 HbbTV is available for all VU+ STB's.

Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV or “HbbTV”, is a major new pan-European initiative aimed at harmonising the broadcast and broadband delivery of entertainment to the end consumer through connected TVs and set-top boxes.

For Xtrend receivers this was already available and we're proud to announce it for the VU's as well.

HbbTV for VU+ is available as plugin via the feeds. For the VU+ Solo this plugin is not advised, as it would require to many sources from that little box.
    DUO users are advised that (depending on the configuration of the box) the use of a SWAP-file may be needed (this can be activated via the ViX-Menu).

We are very proud that our own genius coder AndyBlac has been able to get this working, so we all can enjoy!

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Here you have some pictures of HbbTV in ViX 3.0 build 4.5.x
    connect the application to a channel with interactive service, in this case tve-hd tests:

Now we see how the application connects with tve interactive services:

services are passed automatically, or we can choose with the arrow keys on the remote control:

Finally, I access the interactive story than elected, is fine and smooth, without any problem:

Pardon my language
    I love OSCam build by lareq78

• Same here, not much information about hbbtv at all.
    Should I be installing additional applications after the extension is installed!??!?
    Really helpful error/message code :)

• you would first need to be on a TV channel that has HbbTv content before you can use it, you will see a Icon displayed on the infobar telling you when your on such a channel ( there mostly on 19.2 east as the uk have no such channels at present ).

and no you do not need to install any other plugins every thing is included in the one package via the image feeds.

• Thanks, I just realised that as nice an idea it is, its very poorly supported at the moment, not a single channel on 28.2 supports it :-(

• Thanks, I just realized that as nice an idea it is, its very poorly supported at the moment, not a single channel on 28.2 supports it :-(

It's very highly supported on the continent by the Dutch and German providers just not by the UK yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!