Hdmi output not working

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,042 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if they have had problems with the Hdmi output from the box (alien 2 triple tuner)? I've tried on two TVs and can only get a picture through scart. I've also tried a number of hdmi cables.

I've tried different settings using v format on the control and still nothing.

When I plug DVD player in using same hdmi that's working so am thinking there is a problem with the alien 2 box. Am using the current up to date spark firmware.

Thanks in advance
    Mikey

• No mate just a source button which is used to select the output i.e. scart HDMI 1, HDMI 2, VGA/PC, etc tried both hdmi slots with box and no picture will come up then try with the dvd player in both and working no problem. its just strange but no point having a box without the use of HD

• Hi Guys,

I have a similar problems with the Hdmi output of the Alien 2 triple tuner.
    I get picture through Hdmi if i boot to Enigma2 HDMU, but no pic. with Spark.
    It works fine if i use scart cable.

I've tried different settings in Spark using v format on the control and still nothing with HDMI.

I think it is not a hardware problem because HDMI works with Enigma.
    I updated to 1.2.60 but still the same.

Zsolt

• Thanks for agreeing to the forum rules, but you just broke one and didn't post an intro!

Introductions

doesn't take long.....

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have a similar issue with mine. The box doesn't seem to work correctly through the HDMI on a Polaroid LCD TV from Asda but it seems to work fine through my panasonic 19". All my other receivers, an Alien SHD-8900, a Gigablue HD 800 Solo, A DM800HD Clone, a Ferguson Ariva 102e,a Sly HD Box and my Virgin Media Tivo all work fine with the Polaroid TV through the HDMI, but not the Alien 2. What does that tell you?

I've not tested it in Spark yet, but i will be doing so shortly.

I've tried Cheap HDMI cables and expensive ones, Same result everytime.

If you set the output to 576i you wil probably find it will start to work correctly, thats the only way i can get the crock of sh*t to display a picture through the HDMI cable on the Polaroid TV

These boxes are really starting to show exactly how bad they are, I wish i had never purchased mine. Biggest pile of junk i've ever wasted £150 on. Nothing on this box works correctly regardless of which image you put on it.

I wish i'd bought another Gigablue.

Nano

• Just tested it and it does appear to work fine under Spark but not under Enigma. So just as i thought its something to do with the images and not hardware.

All i can say is if your looking for a receiver on a budget don't bother with the Alien 2 just yet. it may get better, but upto now, i've had enough of mine and can't wait to get rid of it.

If you want a box you can use straight away, save your money a bit longer and get a Vu+ Duo if a twin tuner is important to you.

Never has a receiver disappointed me as much as the Alien 2 has.

Nano

• Correct that, now the box has warmed up its doing exactly the same under Spark. Looks like its going back to where it came from.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!