Best satellite other than 28E for English language content

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 681 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Just starting off my setup and using my zone 1 minidish at the moment. I'll be looking to get a new dish soon and was wondering what satellite other than 28e is the best for English content? I don't expect there to be an awful lot out there but I know I've seen a few good English language movie channels whilst holidaying in Europe.

• lots of English content available including BBC stations ! Yes BBC ! bbc Prime and bbc knowledge alongside bbc world available form thor the nordic satellite - you will need a subscription though - and definitely a Bigger dish !
    All in all you will find plenty of English content ¬ The dutch based stations are nearly always broadcasting in english.
    Befriend your Audio button -many foreign dubbed films can be switched to the original american/english soundtrack.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Canal Digital on Thor 5/6 at 0.8°W

• Dependent on how far south you go there is also quite a few English speaking channels on Nilesat on 7w and Badr at 26e. The further south you are the easier it will be to get a lock onto the channels as the signal isn't fantastic in the UK and northern Europe.

You will find the likes of Fox, Fox movies and the MBC channels, plus a smattering of other English stuff if you are prepared to do a lot of channel hopping. Best of all, most of them are free to air.

As to your previous questions, most of the Dutch content is on 23.5e and 19.2e. A lot of the Canal Digitaal stuff is also now only broadcast in DVB-S2 so you will need a receiver that can decode them. Any HD receiver should do the trick.

You will also need a subscriber card. Don't bother with a Gamma card or Keys for Canal Digitaal as they have now switched off the I***** encryption on 19.2e so the package is now secure again.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!