Some Issues

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,502 times. The last Post () by sniffer.

• 1) I've tried to connect by FTP (using root+HDMU) to this box by get the following error
    500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/ftp
    (I can connect via HTTP with root+root, and tried that username and password combination as well)

2) How do I Identify if I E2 is loaded. I've looked in System -> Basic Settings -> System Information and there is no version number against E2.

• new box will not come with E2, did you install e2?

if you did then all you need to do is power off, hold ok/power on left or right click to select the os and then clik Ok again to boot into spark or e2 os

• Did not install E2, I thought it was already on, but I guess it isnt. From reading on the forums I have to load 1.2.51 upgrade software in Sparks so I can load the E2 , but it is not on the online service any more, So I have downloaded it off this site, but I still cant get 1.2.51 to load, I have unzipped it, formatted my Kingston usb stick to FAT 32, but I cant seem to load it, can anybody tell me the procedure please any help will be appreciated.

• Did not install E2, I thought it was already on, but I guess it isnt. From reading on the forums I have to load 1.2.51 upgrade software in Sparks so I can load the E2 , but it is not on the online service any more, So I have downloaded it off this site, but I still cant get 1.2.51 to load, I have unzipped it, formatted my Kingston usb stick to FAT 32, but I cant seem to load it, can anybody tell me the procedure please any help will be appreciated.

Thats not the latest spark software - you should be able to upgrade to the latest version direct from the box (I did just a few weeks back on a new box and was 1.2.58) then to install enigma2 you just power off the box, put in your usb stick with enigma2 folder on it containing enigma2 image (needs to be a Fat32 formatted stick and better if no other files on it) hold down the front panel select button until it shows FORC on the display then press down to show enig then right to install the enigma2 image from your usb stick. The wait for the install to finish and the setup wizard screen to appear on TV.

• You have to install Spark 1.2.51 first to ensure the correct uboot loader is installed. If this loader isn't installed E2 will not go on to the box. Once you have downgraded you can then install the newest version.

Nano

• im struggling to do that I have downloaded it off this site, but I still cant get 1.2.51 to load, I have unzipped it, formatted my Kingston usb stick to FAT 32, but I cant seem to load it, can anybody tell me the procedure

• wich box do you have.
    alien (8900) or alien2

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• did you try first spark 1.2.51 with e2 bootloader
    with this you get an Upgrade of your Bootloader.
    Then it should work.
    go into spark and select menu
    choose spark,go to update software
    choose spark_1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade EU
    try this first

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• You have to install Spark 1.2.51 first to ensure the correct uboot loader is installed. If this loader isn't installed E2 will not go on to the box. Once you have downgraded you can then install the newest version.

Nano

I got my box a month back Nano - still sealed in original box and I didn't have to do this. Plugged it in, did the latest software update on the box menu that was available and never had any trouble installing the enigma2 images. Surely if he's only had this box a couple of weeks then it should come with the same software mine did straight from the box?

• Hi, others opinion may differ but personally I would steer clear of those HDMU images - I tried 3 and all were very unstable and have a very ugly default interface.
    PKTeam Nebula 3 images are the most stable on the Amiko Alien 8900 boxes for some reason and very customisable too.

Relationship wise there is non as such - Enigma2 was an evolution of the Enigma linux images for Dreamboxes. Because the Alien boxes are Linux based boxes like many more out there some teams of coders have basically taken a dreambox enigma2 image that they like and patched it to work with the Alien box and remote. Because its still a fairly new box a lot of these images are a million miles away from stable right now - I tried pretty much all the ones in the firmware section here and on other forums and only ones I found good enough for everyday use are the PKTeam Nebula 3 or PKTeam Nebula mod by Vardan ones. Even these can take some fiddling around with to get working right - especially if you have a HDD you wish to use.
    Spark software as just been updated to '60' and now adds the video streaming to a pc on the network feature that I think is a lot of peoples justification for using Enigma2. Also on the old Spark I had numerous issues with softcams and the remote that seem resolved with this update so you may find if you update the box in spark online you are happier just using that.

• That is great but there are no options for adding a c-line in the STB UI and I still cannot ftp into the box.

The 'default' ftp password just seems broken with these images

I can cannot to the Web-UI but no option in there either.

• ***I Can get into the Web-UI***

Those don't work.

FTP Error message is

Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/ftp
    Error: Critical error
    Error: Could not connect to server

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!