what reciever ??

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 589 times. The last Post () by Talks.

• hi all, i recently purchased a vu+ solo clone and am most happy it.

so the neighbour has been in and seen it and is very impressed and now he is looking into purchasing one for himself.
    now the both of us are complete and utter noobs so really no nothing about any of these boxes.
    the problem is, he phoned a few people about purchasing a box the same as mine but he was told that because he had a Sony Bavaria tv (the latest hd, 3d and all the rest) that the vu+ solo would not be up to the job !!

i guess i am looking for guidance here as to what would be a good option for him, like i said he is looking the box to be able to watch the 3d and all the rest.
    cheap and cheerfull if possible

many thanks for looking
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Someone is telling your mate porkies!!

So long as the receiver you buy has HDMI output and is HD, DVB-S/S2 then there would not be an issue. Anything that runs Enigma2 will fall under this category - including the one you have. The GUI might not support 3D, but whenever you see a 3D channel side by side broadcast, then just press the 3D button on the TV and the broadcast will be watchable in 3D.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• brilliant, so i dont have a 3dtv is there any way i could watch 3d or do i need to upgrade my tv ?
    also when i have my box set up and running is it possible for me to just plug the box out and take it to another house plug it in and off it will go with the current settings ??

many thanks for the above answer,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• brilliant, so i dont have a 3dtv is there any way i could watch 3d or do i need to upgrade my tv ?
    also when i have my box set up and running is it possible for me to just plug the box out and take it to another house plug it in and off it will go with the current settings ??

many thanks for the above answer,
    niall_b73

Hi there.
    First to watch 3d then you must have a 3d tv to do that.
    As for taking the box to another house then it will be ok for most things as far as watching the sat you left it on and then the sat in the other house to be on that sat EG: a fixed dish would have no problem.
    Now if you do want to watch other sats in the second home and it is setup via usals in your home then the simple way would be to google the area of the new home and use that long and lat that google gives you for that new home then just rescan the box simple.
    AS For the rest it does depend on what your box is setup for.

Kind Regards Talks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!