tutorial help ?

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,984 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• hey people ! i'm trying to setup a pc server so i can have my box back as just a client !
    i'm following Ten Belows tutorial on cccam with ubuntu but i'm stuck at
    " In Terminal It Should Have Opened Up Rc.Local File And We Need To Write In There : /Usr/Local/Bin/CCcam.x86 And Save The File. "
    How do i save the file from the GNU nano 2.2.4 page that is displayed ????
    if i attempt to close the page a message is displayed
    Close this terminal? (there is still a process running in this terminal. closing the terminal will kill it)

any ideas appreciated

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• ah thanks ten below that helped enormously but i got this Error writing /ect/rc.local:No such file or directory ????
    i have never programmed anything i'm a total virgin ! however this interests me alot now i got started ! thanks for ya help man !

rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• should i just go and make a /rc.local file ???? is it that simple ! i looked for one where i think there should be but all i could find are rc0.1d.rc0.2d so on and so on ! i am absolutely mad and never done anything like this
    cheers

• yes i pobably did ! is it ok to just start again ? i have the entire script so far in the open terminal window is it any use to you !

• hey i'm loading ubuntu again from the start up disc ! i couldn't find the cccam.x86 file in download with the link in the tutorial ! so perhaps thats what i need ?
    anyhow i got to go out for a few hours ! i will have another go tomorrow !

thanks

• hello card sharing people ! i got cccam info pages coming up in my browser now ! i'm just not sure if the program is running properly ! it seems like its not reading the CCcam cfg file as connections i have inputted do not show on the info page via the browser ??? Any pointers would be appreciated ! thanks

rik

• ok i opened up cs studio and this is what i see !

Current time : 18:42:34
    NodeID : 2e87883cca1d3010
    Uptime : 01d 10:27:04
    Connected clients : 0
    Total handled client ecm's : 0
    Total handled client emm's : 0
    Total handled LOCAL ecm's : 0
    Peak load (max queued requests per workerthread) :

i'm confused because i did put an F and C line into the cccam cfg file but it doesn't show anything in the info pages !
    usually you can see if client or server even if there not connected ???

thanks for your replies

• You dont need to open any ports to see cccaminfo working.
    Port 16001 is the port you should use to view cccaminfo.
    It doesnt need to be open if you want to view it on the internal network, only open it if you want to view it from outside.

i thought the servers he had inputted in his cccam were not connecting, he had already said he could see the cccaminfo

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• ok thanks for helping but i still got no further !
    C and F lines are ok as i can share between two box's i have here !

i think i will give up with this project now as i am really at a dead end ! is somebody in devon with ubuntu pc server and cccam ??? i would like to see another
    pc and perhaps i an see the problem but i am very new to this ? i am sure my pc setup is not reading the cccam cfg file as it doesn't show clients or connections at the info page ! my tm600 shows this info even if it not connected because its reading the info from cccam.cfg
    all i can conclude is i must have missed something even though i really followed the tutorial over and over and double triple checked everything including chmods files structure ect ect ......

i think i could try debiun with auto cccam install ! ................... thanks for your help folks
    is there a way i can know if the cccam.cfg file is being read by the pc program
    is there any last things i can check out
    what files should be present and where for example ???? sorry to trouble the forum with such novice questions !
    thanks for your patience

Rik

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!