help with ***box f5

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,077 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hope someone can help me out here,got a slybox f5 which was delivered on wed and i only got round to testing it last night and got no power so i then tried another power supply ther was life and got no signal issue and the box kept rebooting so i tried the scat lead and still the same problem it had to happen at the weekend.
    Is there something i have missed like a channel list or does it need too be reflashed if so can someone point me in the right direction as what i have too do.

thanks in advance

regards
    MR-T
    p.s i have flashed a dreambox and also brought a dead openbox back to life

• Got the box up and running the supplier told me it was a firmware issue and they don't come with a channel list thats why i was getting the no signal on tv,so i used the erom upgrade tool and tutorial and hey presto its working LOL.
    Only thing thats pissing me off right now is you have to use the password just to access the menu anyone know how i can disable it.

regards
    MR-T

• 6666 should get you in and you shouldnt need to keep putting in for channels , if you are m8 load the new firmware and use ajs list for the programs , save your cline but dont save settings when flashing it ,you may also have to activate wifi then activate ethernet to get it online again just a wee glitch i came accross ,steve

• thanks for that m8 i tried 0000 then 6666 and then 7890 that seems too work bit weird but if it means reflashing it again then its not a problem also how do you put the channel list in order like a to z tried this also but goes back too the same setting after rebooting, starts of with sly sports and the end one box nation which should be at the start,but least its working.

regards
    MR-T

• mind this is a £60 openbox were on about here you should be happy to see any channels at all if you want to edit the list use the editor but its a lot of hard work for nothing if you want them from a-z you realy need to be bored out your skull lol

• mind you i suppose i cant grumble at the price you only get what you pay for,it does seem a lot of hard work using channel editor thats for the experts unlike me who is still finding my feet LOL

• even for an expert wouldnt bother m8 youll be at it for hours and you get used to where it all is in no time , use the ajs list 13/01/13 and do a blind scan you can then add bbc alba for the footy as its not in reigonal and on the box rename fav 26 to local or scottish and you can ad bbc 1 scotland hd in and stv bbc2 scotland ,then your news is sorted , ive got a list done if you want it m8 , best stick to keeping it simple and if you help mates out its an easy job to update the lists for them also , i just hand my oldman a usb stick now lol hes got it at last , ps blind scan changes primetime to no name but its still there you can rename it back with the editor though in the tp list part of it , or ill up my list , regards steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!