Oscam won't to start, gives one error and two warnings but the config is by the book

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,052 times. The last Post () by JaggenSWE.

• Hi guys/girls/whatever,

I have a big issue getting OsCam to start, I've installed a Xubuntu machine today and set up CCcam 2.3.0 to read a Conax card which it does
    brilliantly, however when inserting a NDS Videoguard card into it CCcam refuses, but after reading up on it, OsCam will read it. I've installed it
    and setup the configs HOWEVER, when I try to start it I get the following error:

ERROR: 'smartreader' is unsupported reader protocol
    Warning: keyword 'protocol' in reader section not recognized
    Warning: keyword 'device' in reader section not recognized

And then it just terminates.

My oscam.server looks like this:

Code
    [reader]
    label           = vs
    protocol      = smartreader
    detect         = CD
    device         = /dev/ttyUSB0
    group          = 1
    emmcache   = 1,3,2
    services       = services1
    caid             = 093e
    BoxID          = XXXXXX

Anyone know what could be wrong?

//JaggenSWE

• Latest Oscam Builds

Latest build is 8140 - the errors reported in the thread I linked to were from 8135 - so you could try the latest binary to see if it fairs better - I can confirm there are no Issues with build 7983 but I have only tested it on the ARM platform - they are all unstable releases so you should always expect bugs to appear every now and again if you like things bleeding edge!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks musogeek,

I installed it, so now I'm one step further. ;)

It starts and runs fine, until I actually set the [reader] params. Then it just dies again. Something is really really strange here.
    I had the same issue some time ago, which I never got solved no matter what I did.

It seems that the culprit is this line:

device = 0403:6001

I first did it incorrectly and wrote:

device = /dev/ttyUSB0

but then it complained in webif and in the logs that it was the incorrect format,
    so I did a lsusb and it came up:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

and hence I came up with the 0403:6001, but entering that gives the following error:

If I run a ps ax|grep oscam I find oscam runing, but obviously not the web. :P

What on earth am I doing wrong? Or should I put this up in a new thread maybe?

• I'm a n00b as they like to put it. :P

I found out the issue with the device thingy. They wanted it addressed as bus:unit, now it works.

But once again, I'm halted, now it simply says:

Code
    ERROR ACTIVATING CARD

I'm going to buy the big red book on Linux, sadly there aren't anything similar for Cardsharing. :D

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!