Golden Media Uni-Box 2 - Help with upgrade

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,364 times. The last Post () by zeeirish.

• Hi everyone,

I have just bought this box, and I am trying to upgrade it to enigma 2, tried the boot options by pressing and holding 'ok' and i cant see 'force' on the box, i have formatted the usb to Fat32, copied the 2 enigma files onto a usb under directory /enigma2, but nothing seems to boot, its juest goes into 'ok' then starts normal

please can someone advise me .

Thanks

• thank you for your fast reply, this is the bit i am confused with 2. Set the default system boot for [enigma2] when i go into the menu it doesnt give me an option,

1. Turn off STB and insert FAt32 USB with both enigma files in /enigma2
    2. Turn on the STB holding the 'ok' button
    3. it just goes from 'boot' to 'ok' then comes up normal

i dont know where i am going wrong :(

• Official Post

never owned or saw one of these boxes in action mate but it sounds as if you have followed the guide correctly, on your usb you have a folder named enigma2 containing the 2 files, try switching off then back on the power supply while holding the ok button and see if the force message is displayed if not i would try using a different usb stick and/or e2 image.

• Tried it mate, without the USB, turned the power off, and pressed the 'ok' button, and it went 'boot' then went on 'ok'

The box I have is the Golden Media Unibox 2 - DVB-S2/ T2 on my USB pen it is formatted as FAT32 with a directory /enigma2 with 2 files

there is no option to set the default boot as enigma, as when i go to Menu>System>Software Upgrade>Upgrade by RS232 / Satellite?

all i want is enigma 2 on this box :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!