Streaming channel to XBMC crashes when a recording starts

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 573 times. The last Post () by persat.

• Good morning

I have no idea if this is an XBMC, Raspberry PI (openelec) or VuPlus issue (latest BH running on Solo2) - but I'll run it past everyone

I have a number of Raspberry Pi's throughout the house running openelec (various fairly recent nightly builds). This has a built in Enigma2 PVR client and I am able to stream from my solo2, change channels, record, watch recordings etc etc

All works great - however, as per the subject, if we are watching a channel or a recording and the VuPlus starts or stops a recording the stream to XBMC crashes and I need to restart it. (Note\; I have two tuners - it is running off a s*y dish)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is - anyone use a similar setup?

I'll run this question through some XBMC forums as well - however, whilst this is likely a problem on the XBMC side, it does indicate that the VuPlus is doing "something" with the stream to cause XBMC to crash... if the stream continued seamlessly then XBMC wouldn't even know a recording had started (or stopped)

Thanks

Sz

• Actually, let me clarify this statement, it isn't clear

"All works great - however, as per the subject, if we are watching a channel or a recording and the VuPlus starts or stops a recording the stream to XBMC crashes and I need to restart it."

XBMC stops playing the stream and just displays a single frame.... most of the time you can stop the channel and then start again and it will work straight away (though you have missed a few mins). Sometimes though XBMC crashes altogether and the Rpi needs to be power cycled (only happened once)

Thanks

Sz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!