LNB for fixed Hispasat

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,133 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Ciao guys,

I have recently acquired a twin tuner receiver and I'm thinking about upgrading LNB to a twin (or quad) to take advantage of the PVR in different polarities. Having searched for reviews I ended up shortlisting the following 2:

.Inverto Black Ultra twin
    .Smart Titanium TQS (quad)

These seem to be the most favorably reviewed LNBs across the hobbyist sites.
    Actually I don't need more than 2 outputs (nor do I think I'll do in the foreseeable future) but the price difference for the Smart twin is negligible so I thought why not? (But actually, why not? is there any disadvantage of having a quad if you only need 2 outputs?)

In any case, my setup is a fixed dish of 80cm (or so) pointed to Hispasat from CH.

Which one do you recommend?

Also, I've read about those invacom's being the top of the crop. Are they really worth the extra dough?

• hi you can have quad lnb not prob , 2 for your doble turner stb and 2 aout free maybe one day you have another stb in to another room , but aslo is good have another aout in case one aout burn ,and you dont have to change the lnb .

• .Inverto Black Ultra (single) (twin) (quad)

Inverto LNB is considered 1 of the best amidst Satellite installers nationwide from what i have read !

personally i use a technomate signal here on my 78cm motorised ! Tanks to Andy Ray i have a Black ultra on the 1.8meter dish !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi guys.

Thanks for the tips. I ended up going for the Inverto with 2 outputs.
    However, now I have a new issue.
    In conversations with a neighbor, I found out that our building has a common satellite setup. Sure enough, I connected a cable to the outlet and... BAM... a couple (hundred) more channels.

Now, my plan was to connect the dual head LNB to my Vu+ solo2: one cable to tuner A and the other to tuner B, so I could have PiP and recordings on different polarities at the same time.
    I'd still like to have these features but I don't know how to go about it now.

My current setup is:
    Tuner A - connected to the building common sat setup (for which I don't know much at all; I just know that on my tuner config I setup simple DiSEqC A/B for Astra and Hotbird)
    Tuner B - connected directly to one of the outputs of my lnb for Hispasat.

How should I go to connect the second output of the LNB to the box, and be able to tune different polarities at the same time?

• Are you 100% sure the communal system has two satellites on it? Can you find out. If its only one satellite you can just use a normal DISEqC switch to combine the feeds from your satellite dish and the communal system.

If the communal system has 2 satellites on it, you may still be able to combine the three although it gets a little more difficult as you have to go down the route of using committed and uncommitted DISEqC switches which I'll be totally honest i don't have a huge amount of experience with, although i know people who have done this before.

Nano

• Well, to be honest I have no idea what kind of setup is up there.
    I found out through trial an error that if I configure 2 DiSEqC ports on the tuner that's connected to the communal system, I'm able to tune on the Astra and Hotbird chanels, so it does have 2 satellites on it, that much is sure.

If I'm understanding what you're saying, my best bet would be to have the 3 sats on one tuner and then use the other one to connect to my extra LNB output. Did I get it right?

• For simplicity i would just stick tuner one on the communal system and tuner two on the dish.

You can put all three on one tuner but you will need to find an uncommitted diseqc switch.

The box would then need to be setup so if you select the Hispasat dish it would just choose port AA on the uncommitted switch.

If it wanted Astra @19.2e which for arguments sake is on port AA on the communal system it would need to select port AB on the uncommitted switch and port AA on the committed switch.

If you wanted Hotbird @13e which for arguments sake is on port AB on the communal system it would need to select port AB on the uncommitted switch and port AB on the committed switch.

I think you can see how it works now. the biggest issue you will have now is getting switches that will do the job. like i said, i have never tried this setup but i know people who have.

This may explain it a bit better. This article was written by user Canofan on the TW forum

• Thanks for the tips.

I googled it a bit and came up to this page which shows how it could be done using an uncommited switch (even though the info is a bit scarce; it only mentions that the second DiSEqC switch would be in "option").
    In the end, it would be too much of a hassle to try and figure this out and I'm happy leaving it as it is... for now ;)

Thanks for the help, nevertheless!

• If you think thats complicated wait until you chuck a motor into the scenario lol

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!