Not booting to e2

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,611 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Flashed my Alien 2 with E2 firmware from usb and from spark plugin and its not booting to e2, Every time it says success no problem from usb or images. Seems to be a problem from the start-up boot. From power on when i hold the ok button it force command mode to enigma2 but always holds or boots to spark instead of enigma2? any ideas ?

• Wich e2 image are you trying to flash.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I don't thinks its the image as I've tried 3 or 4 different ones. SatStation-Alien2-Yoda-Backup-Dec-2012, SatStation E2 Alien2 Beta Firmware 21-12-2012, OpenPLi Hybrid Latest ST7111-ST7162

I did have E2 working 2days ago, Since i uploaded some images i got stuck in boot. i think its something to do with the u-boot as my version is 1.3.1 Jun19 2012 stm23_0051 YW_1.1.005 overclock

• have you try another image like HDMU or pkteam

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• boot into spark
    i think you must try the 1.2.51 e2 boot upgrade.
    and then try to flash e2 again.

• You can try and find a rescue image for the box in the same way as you do on the SHD-8900 box. That will reinstall Spark and may repair the bootloader, although you do this at your own risk. it worked on my old SHD-8900 before it packed up after 3 months.

Failing that you may need to send it back to an authorised dealer to have it repaired. Once its repaired, get rid of it. These boxes are nothing but trouble. For as much help as it will be, you could try Lavatronics. As much as i loath and despise Lavatronics i don't like to see somebody left with a receiver that doesn't work.

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!