Images worth considering for 800 SE ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 821 times. The last Post () by sebus.

• Some images still appear around (what new is in them?) like openvix-3.0.539-gb800se_usb or openaaf-2.0-gb800se-20130124_usb
    but it seems that not much interest any more in this box.

Any special things happened in the last few months?

Still running on April 2012 image & honestly, it does all that could do well since always, which is display HD

sebus

• i cant speak for any one else but we ( ViX ) still very actively support this and all other Gigablue receivers with almost daily updates.

you can see what has changed in the ViX image by reading the changelogs.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Yes, the images pops out daily (I am sure it is automated robot that does compiling from the git code)

OK, I see it is WOS then if one wants openvix image

sebus

No the build is not automated, it is built as and when we decide to, usually to include fixes or add features to the image. we dont believe it just building a image and palming it off on our users without at least some testing on our part. for example this last week we have held back many builds for inhouse testing due to a lot of changes made to the EPG, we felt these changes were important enough to warrant our testing them as fully as possible before releasing them to the public.

That said there are also a number of other OE-Alliance teams releasing images for these receivers and a few others not associated with the OE-A such as the italysat team.
    granted the Gigablue may not have the support of say the Vu boxes but they are a relatively young company and the work they have done so far in my opinion has been well worth it.

as far as the ViX image goes I would far rather support the Gigablue receivers than the Dreambox ones, but thats just my personal opinion and not the opinion of the ViX team as a whole.

• for example here.

Code
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/290474dc4728a0830f65ca939f17370960d79357

we are currently testing Build 578 which may or may not be released to the public as often andy already has fixes and a new build to go before we get through testing the older ones. it's all a long process of test, test and test some more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!