what causes glitching ?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 579 times. The last Post () by lfc4ever.

• hi all, so i have my vu+ solo ***** up and running about 2 months now.

it is going great all apart from glitching now and again.
    nothing much that would put my viewing off but still enough to be noticed.
    i took the box into the neighbors house and set it up on his internet and tv and it was glitch free, a great picture all the time.

there is not much difference in our internet speeds but we do have different providers !!

or could the problem lie within my router ??

i have the box connected to the router with an Ethernet cable, albeit 10 meter long (weather or not that would matter)

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Glitching can be caused when you have a poor or low signal from the dish ¬
    depending which image your on you can check the signal through the system menus - !

High ecm times are a cause of glitcing too - For example this can happen if somebody else on your network is a heavy down-loader or On line gamer !

Menu - setup - tuner configuration - There you can check your signal levels and Quality !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• hi and thanks for that.

there are other computers running and at times there are online gaming in progress.
    but this happens during the day time when nothing only the box itself is running !!

my stats are :
    SNR 54%
    AGC 73%
    BER 0

as for my ecm :baffle: i am not quite sure where to find them

it seems to happen on certain channels more so than others.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• 1st thing is to be sure the dish is okay in my opinion !
    which channels glitch ? then check which frequency they transmit on ! Then check signal strength and quality on that frequency or transponder to use the correct terminology. If you can establish its low you have your answer ! get dish aligned is solution !

Next search out ecm showing as NAN - once you have that issue solved you can check ecm times by selecting a channel and using search scan bar to read relevant ECM info ! If ecm times rise above say 400ms then glitcing will often occur .

Others will advise what a bad ecm time is - i think 600ms is unwatch-able !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!