help required please with DM500 clone

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,177 times. The last Post () by corvids.

• hey all, first post here.

i have had some good reads on this forum, very informative stuff.

i am stuck with my clone, the other night it froze. is was late so i turned it off withe rocker switch at the back and went to bed. next day after work tried to start it up again and it wouldnt take an image via the null cable. i eventually found jade 3 and it took that. imported one of sgtflipflops bouqeouts, loaded my line and expected the best. wrong, none of the other channels work. bbc1 etc work. so i reloaded ccam, its 2.1.1. still no joy.

can anyone assist please?

thank you.

no the line isnt from a payserver. i would not entertain one, ever.

Well said that man :haha:

Make sure you use an older version of Dreamup, i find they are less problematic than the newer ones. I use v 1.2.1.5 onmy DM500.

Dont use Flashwizard with this image as it looks like its built around Open Pli, it probably won't work and may even corrupt the box if you use Flashwizard to install it.

Nano

• Gemini is quite an old image for the DM500s, but i would have a tendency to agree that it is very stable indeed. The one thing you can say and cannot deny about the Germans is that they know how to make a good image :haha:

You may need to update the satellites.xml file though in order to get everything.

• Gemini is quite an old image for the DM500s, but i would have a tendency to agree that it is very stable indeed. The one thing you can say and cannot deny about the Germans is that they know how to make a good image :haha:

You may need to update the satellites.xml file though in order to get everything.

could you help me here please as i dont know what the .xml file is or how to alter/update it.

i still have the original problem after several image changes and bouqeouts.

• Google satellites.xml :haha:

You will find a satellite.xml creator. make the file with the above and then ftp it over to var/etc, change permissions of the file to 755 then reboot the receiver.

You will then be able to scan what ever satellites you included in making the satellite.xml file.

Nano

• There is a link to SAT.XML at the top of the forum ! Its big yellow button

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Didn't see that lol

How long have i been using this forum? :haha:

• my .xml file was updated last week, if i remember rightly isnt there some way of checking onmmy box the feed i am receiving? if its live or not?

please reccomend an FTP client please so i can double check.

thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!