dreambox 500s powerpack needed

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 927 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hi would any forum member or Friends of the forum have a spare power pack for a dream-box 500s or does anyone know where the cheapest website where to get one tried eBay but china stores where only selling them

• A laptop power supply will usually work fine, either that or a LCD monitor PSU.

Just make sure its got the right ends and does more than 2 amp with correct voltage.

To be honest its likely your box has a cheap Chinese PSU already as its very likely the box could well be a clone anyway.

Nano

• A Laptop psu will not so ad the voltage on most is between18-22volt
    if you have a psu for a external hdd they are normally 12volt
    the current needed is 2/3 amp, if you have a 12volt psu
    center pin positive if you have 2/4/10 amp the amp will not matter
    as the dm will only draw what current it needs (AMPS).
    but the volts will 12-13.8 volts only...

Just make sure its got the right ends and does more than 2 amp with correct voltage.

Thats why i said to check the voltage before purchasing. Both my Laptop and my Netbook use a 12 volt Power supply :haha:

I only use them for doing Signal records out in the field so they are only el cheapo Zoostorm ones from Argos. Both of them look like they are about 10 yeras old, as they are quite battered now.

Not every laptop on the market uses a 18-22v PSU which makes your argument pretty pointless. As long as you check the voltage before purchasing there won't be a problem.

Nano

• hi would any forum member or Friends of the forum have a spare power pack for a dream-box 500s or does anyone know where the cheapest website where to get one tried eBay but china stores where only selling them

I had a few off ebay just make sure its for your dreambox
    Ronnie

• HI nano, i not having a argument, just stating the fact that most psu' units for laptops these days
    are in the region of 18-22v, some have 3 wires 1 is for sence eg.
    dell so you have to buy the right replacement. i have not seen a 12v one
    in an age all i was trying to get across if some one connected that to the dm
    he would not have a problem with it any more, as it would be fokced LOL

• Don't worry about it. I was just in one of those moods when i answered the last post lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!