ME again please help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 595 times. The last Post () by muzz.

• hi lads,I have 2 routers, 1 router just for surfing other ones setup for PPTP and works fine but what i want to do is join them together and still use my main router at full speed for surfing and my other PPTP router to hide my ass,So what evers plugged in to the PPTP router will be hidden But when i connect them is does work but keeps disconnecting other pcs on my network,I have a iMac/2 iPads/iphone 5/PC,So please help me set this up its been 2 weeks now.
    thanks

• best thing you can do is look at the dd-wrt website honestly look at all the tutorials even on you tube also and see if you can flash both your routers with it if they are compatable if not get a few cheap ones like the dlink 615 ver d4 like what virgin gave out youll get them for aBOUT £8 eack and you will open a world of networking posibilities for your self get a pair of them leave your router that works how it is and play and learn you will be pleased at the things you can get up ,regards steve

• Basically what your doing is connecting one of the Lan connections from your main router to the Wan on your secondary router, now the secondary router has to be configured to work with the main router.

You can usually find this through the Internet settings, can get it to work via DHCP or by using a Static address in the same IP ranges as your main router, and as we don't know what routers your using can't really help.

Google "connect 2 routers together" will give you a better idea, I have 2 routers connected via static ip.

• i set the main router thats a belkin that connects to the modem/Internet with an ip of 192.168.1.1 and the dd wrt router thats a asus with the ip of 192.168.2.1 that connects from the modem port to the belkin weired port and both can connect to the internet and when i connect to the asus with dd wrt firmware it does conect to a Finland server or any other server i want,And when i connect to the main Belkin router i get full spped and connect to the uk But i have both DHCP Server set to use ,Will i get ip conflicts or are those ips ok.
    thanks

• i wouldnt think so because they are 2.1 1.1 so they will issue ip addresses respectively apart from that you are saying its working already it will have given you a conflict already , might have been easier to use a switch but if it works its fine , there are many youtube videos to show you everything

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!