Changing MAC address on Gigablue

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,064 times. The last Post () by miguel300477.

• I have a problem which is doing my head in at the moment as i can't find the solution for it.

I have a Gigablue 800 HD Solo and a Gigablue 800 HD Se. I cannot use both of them at the same time as they both have the same MAC address and conflict with each other on the network.

Is there a way to change the MAC address permanently on this box?

One box is running OpenVIX 3.0 and the other is running OpenAAF. I cannot find a way to change MAC address on either image. Is there a way of changing the MAC address on either box.

Nano

• All done :haha:

If you make a batch file called "burn.bat" and put these lines inside it, it works fine on the Se. Copy it to the root of a FAT32 formatted penstick and then allow the receiver to boot from the usb. It will then reboot into the firmware on the box with a changed MAC address.

macprog2 A2-DB-EA-11-10-45
    flash -noheader usbdisk0:gigablue/se/cfe.bin flash0.cfe

For the solo box it would be

macprog2 AC-DB-EF-11-22-34
    flash -noheader usbdisk0:gigablue/solo/cfe.bin flash0.cfe

You change the bit in red to suit which ever box you have.

you can also change the MAC address to suit.

Thanks for every ones help.

Nano

• Hi, i Have 2 Gigabite QUAD, i have tryed the bat file but no work.

What files should be in the Pen?

Only the " burn.bat " at "/gigabte/quad/" or i should place other files also ( like the bootloader files ) ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!