Ubuntu vs Linux box server

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,392 times. The last Post () by predator.

• just wondering, running ubuntu and using smartgo reader ,, how many peeps can you run on ubuntu server, compared to technomate/dreambox as server .. thanks

• i would like to run a spare pc as a server ! that way i can update my box with plugins and flash new images without worrying about other connections everytime i reboot ! i like to play with my satellite reciever but when its in constant use by other people i feel obliged to not reboot and keep it up and running as much as possible ! a pc server will enable me to do what i like with my box and not have to worry !

thanks
    rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!