ordered one of these !!

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 828 times. The last Post () by wozbwfc.

• hi guys

i have ordered a Raspberry PI v2 and 2 omnikeys so can have a play about more and free up my duo , so look out think this part of forum will get flooded :snicker:

woz

• Have they said how long the lead time is for it? I waited 13 weeks for mine.

Nano

• I think they are now making these quick enough to meet demand - I got mine off ebay private seller and paid over the odds for it to avoid the wait while there was a waiting list. wos, hope you are studying the Oscam tutorials and wiki:snicker:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• You can walk into maplin or farnell and get these off the shelf now, thats what i did

Have had oscam running fine on mine, but not so good at running two instances as I do so gone back to the pc for the moment

Also had xbmc running on it but it just doesnt seem to have the power to make it usable every day especially when at the click of a button you can use 1channel on the vu, so for now mines in the cuboard....but im sure there will be some amazing use for this sometime in the near future.....lol

have fun!

• maplin £79.99 ye right i got mine for £51 with everything and for a extra £20 i got heatsinks 2x ominikey and a kingstone 8gb class 10. they run hot and cause them to play up thats why i got the heatsinks , and they also run slow on class 4 sdch and it also makes it run hot .but will use class 4 in my camera i have done loads of reading on these cant wait till it gets here.

@muso oscam will drive me nuts but its what its all about learning and playing with up and coming things like a lot of people say oscam ect is the future ect expensive hobby but wife gose bingo i stay and play.:snicker:

woz

• Nice one wozbwfc,
    Fun times ahead, i bought one for a play not to use as a server but rather as a media center under the TV running openelec with XBMC works a treat and navx, icefilms itv and iplayer all run fine.

can be a little slow at time opening up the films but its something new to play with.

I have downloaded some tuts to try programming and stuff which i will try to run through soon just to try and get myself better educated with linuxs and the commands and stuff.

I not sure about you but i got mine from RS components online when it arrived it was one made in china i later learnt i should have got it from Farnell these RPI are built in South Wales by Sony and are supposed to be better quality with Made in UK on the board.

soon hopefully all the kids will have these to play with in IT lessons in most secondary schools and colleges so expect a lot more stuff to from these little RPI'S

so it back to the old startx

regards

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!