Eagle 800 or the Ferguson 202e

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,324 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi ... am a new member and am interested in buying the Eagle 800 or the Ferguson 202e as they are in my budget and would offer more than the old spiderbox sd that I am using. As I'm not interested in card sharing I wonder whether these models offer much from softcams ........... fixed dish 13e..16e..19e ....
    thanks for any advise... hgee

• I would go for the 202e over the eagle box, although to be honest unless you are using WIFI and a CAM ( Conditional Access Module - The bit that plugs in to the receiver that the card goes into) you may as well go for the 102e. It does exactly what the 202e does but doesn't have a rear USB slot or a CAM slot.

The Eagle 800 isn't worth bothering with in my opinion.

Nano

• I once had the Mini version of the Eaglebox, for about 6 weeks! - I would not in any way recommend this receiver, but I can't comment on the ferguson. I know you are thinking about budget, but for the sake of longevity of your interest, I would always suggest paying a bit more and going for an Enigma2 based receiver, which you could get for twice as much as the one you are considering.

Ferguson Ariva 202E HD Digital Satellite Receiver

above is the link to the ferguson 202e from our sponsor, and don't forget to send him a PM if you want a fiver off as well...

or how about this one?

MaxDigital Linux HD Receivers

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks nano and musogeek..... will bear those points in mind.... regarding the Ferguson, is there much to be had via softcams on 13 16 and 19e.

• What do you mean by softcams? If your referring to opening stuff up with keys, there is a few bits and pieces around but as far as i am aware nothing in English.

• hi there i was just wondering if the ariva 250 combo can this be used for cccam. ??????
    also has it got all of the transponders preprogrammed . ie 30w 13e 28.2e ??????
    please let me know . also the ariva 202e the same as above . ?????
    please let me know as soon as possible so i can order.
    cheers

• Do not install any firmware that is not made for the receiver as it will probably kill it completely stone dead.

If you looked in the right sections of this forum you will find the firmware for your box.

http://linuxsat-support.com/fe…121106_v1-20b6_patch.html

You use any patch held on this forum at your own risk as i have no idea if it works or not as i don't own your receiver so as far as i am concerned its untested.

Make sure you select and install the correct firmware for your receiver as the url shows files for two receivers, make sure you select and use the correct one.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!