Hdd ntfs

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,073 times. The last Post () by sandra.

• Hello,

I have an external hard disk formatted in NTFS with movies, when I connect it for USB to my DM8000 recognizes it but me not the content shows, with the image Nemesis there is not problem because has the option to supply the reading of disks in NTFS, ¿how can I do it in other images that do not they have that option?

Greetings.

• I have the same problem, I use internal SATA drives formatted in NTFS in a USB hard drive dock connected to my DM 8000 to store and watch films on.
    With Nemsesis images it works fine but I recently decided to try the OE 2.0 images and went with DE 4.0 to start with. No matter what I did it couldnt read the drives, I tried the official DM image and that reads the drives with no problem.
    I am now running Merlin 3 and that reads them OK and does the other stuff that I want my DM 8000 to do.
    Hopefully Nemesis will be bringing out an OE 2.0 image soon as I think I prefer the way they look, or maybe I have just got more used to how they work.

• Official Post

This is just a wild guess as i have no way of testing it myself. Go to software management/advanced/packet manager and look for ntfs-3g & install it.

Code
    NTFS-3G is an open source cross-platform implementation of the Microsoft Windows NTFS file system with read-write support. NTFS-3G often uses the FUSE file system interface, so it can run unmodified on many different operating systems. It is runnable on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris, BeOS, QNX, WinCE, Nucleus, VxWorks, Haiku,[1] MorphOS, Minix and Mac OS X.[2] It is licensed under either the GNU General Public License or a proprietary license. It is a partial fork of ntfsprogs and is under active maintenance and development.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• I tried that without any luck thank you TB

On saturday evening I decided to try a factory reset and start again with the eofficial DM OE 2 image installed. For some reason this no longer read my hard drives either, it did wen I installed it before.
    Anyway I installed the latest OoZoon image I could find, OoZooN-Image-dm8000-20130222.nfi.
    This image reads my drives with no problems at all.
    I couldnt get TS panel 6.8 to install but I then found 6.9 and that installed and allowed me to install everything else that I needed.

If you cant find those files I will rar them and upload them here for you, if thats allowed.

Let me know if you would like them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!