Can I Add USB Hub to Solo ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,296 times. The last Post () by ben361.

• I want to connect a HDD and a Pen drive simultaneously to my solo to the rear USB Port. Can i use a USB HUB for it. Is it possible ?

I don't want to use the front port as i need to open keep open the front door. USB drive i want to keep for picons and other files and HDD for playing media.

Please confirm

• It is possible - best to use a powered hub because otherwise you are dividing the power available to your devices, and it might not be enough.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• It is possible - best to use a powered hub because otherwise you are dividing the power available to your devices, and it might not be enough.

Thanks for the quick response.External Powered USB is the best. But is is mandatory ? or the box can manage the power for both the 8gb pen drive and a 120 GB HDD
    Iam going to use the HDD only when i want to play media (as i discovered lately the media playing very well with the box )

Another option would be iam having HDD fixed in enclosure which has external power. What do you suggest ?

Please advice.

• If you are running a USB powered HDD then you are likely to encounter problems if you are using another device on a non powered hub. It is all to do with how much power is required for each device, and things such as TV tuners, 2.5" drives, wifi dongles etc will all take up a lot of power, so I would suggest you use a powered hub as I said before - whether it is mandatory or not is hard to say, you can try, and if you get problems, then use power. I have not had much success with non powered hubs in my Duo unless it was for just a couple of pen drives.

With an external powered drive you might get away with it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for the reply today found an external usb hub with external power (image attached )1ba87d9746280d46599.jpg

here there is a option to add external power in this hub
    but my doubt is if i add external power supply does it not clash with the power supplied by the Vu solo which iam afraid my damage the box.

please confirm

• Buy a usb hub complete with power adaptor what musogeek say
    maybe somthing like this : Imustbuy USB 2.0 7, Port Powered Hub ports USB HUB, inc. UK PSU
    The seven port USB 2.0 hub lets you connect up to seven devices. Comes with a 5v power supply for use with high powered devices from imustbuy

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!