Need help to upgrade BH 1.6.6 to BH 1.7.9 on Vu+Duo

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 973 times. The last Post () by horn.

• Try to upgrade my Vu+Duo from BH 1.6.6 to BH 1.7.9 but failed because due to difference between kernels installed unable to make bh Personal Backup of BH 1.6.6.
    I have one single LNB and motorized dish with actuator Super Jack 18” connected through Smart switch to Tuner A and second receiver (Echostar) , through I move my dish from 42East to 30 West.
    First problem I faced when flashed BH 1.7.9 was Tuner A and B configuration, I was uncertain how to do it- with USALS or USALS-no, than should I enter my latitude and longitude and so on.
    From one of forums read that is enough to copy :
    config.Nims.0.latitude=42.441
    config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=positioner
    config.Nims.0.powerMeasurement=false
    config.Nims.0.longitude=19.264
    config.Nims.0.configMode=simple
    from BH 1.6.6 settings and paste it to new BH 1.7.9 using DCC 2.96
    To simplify procedure tried to install Beckup 0f BH 1.7.9 full ,for motorized system from Ferret but failed because on DCC 2.96 in spite box connection was O.K. –FTP side was blank.
    Can you advice me please what to do to solve this problem i.e. best way to upgrade from image BH 1. 6.6 to BH 1.7.9

• Official Post

Before flashing BH above 1.6.6 you first need to update the bootloader, do this then reflash the 1.7.9 image.

duo cfe Rev 3.0

• Official Post

I am doing exactly as you say, but all problems ,mentioned in my post ,remains
    Any clue, please

You can transfer your settings with the config nims lines in etc/enigma2/settings which will look something like this.

In the new image simply edit the file replacing all the config nims lines with what you have saved from your backup then you must hard reboot the reciever & your motor settings will be available on reboot. Any plugins from your old personel backup you will need to reinstall seperatley.

• Thank you for assistance.
    My settings are more simple, than above you wrote.I can post it here if you think this can help me to achieve my goal.

• Official Post

Thank you for assistance.
    My settings are more simple, than above you wrote.I can post it here if you think this can help me to achieve my goal.

You dont need to post them buddy just use dcc to edit the file on the new image & edit all the lines starting config.Nims replacing with what you have now then save & hard reboot the box.

• O.K.
    One thing more.Can you halp me how to configure Tuenr A and B, taking into consideration data from my initial post here.
    Tuner configuration is first obstacle I face when try to upgrade BH 1.6.6

• You dont need to post them buddy just use dcc to edit the file on the new image & edit all the lines starting config.Nims replacing with what you have now then save & hard reboot the box.

My actual Tuner configuration on box running BH 1.6.6 are:
    TUNER A: BCM 7335 DVB-S2 NIM
    (INTERNAL) (DVB-S2)
    Positioner: USALS

TUNER B: not configured
    After right arrow klick
    Mode: Simple
    Longitude: 019.264
    East
    Latitude: 042.441
    North
    May I use this elements to future Tuner config after flashing box with new BH image

• Please.I need your advice and comment

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!