Newbie with Amiko Alien 2

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,972 times. The last Post () by lofty531135.

• HI Im a complete newbie,

I have just recieved my amiko Alien 2 with Enigma 2 and Spark. Ideally i want to replace me UK *** package.

Where do i start! Ive been looking all over but just need a step buy step guide. please direct me.

i know i need a cline, im trying to get a test one so i can get things working.

PLEASE HELP

• I would also remind you that an Alien 2 or any other Enigma 1 or 2 box will not just magically open up the *** package.

The Alien 2 can not use CCCam, only OSCam. If your a beginner your at an immediate disadvantage as OSCam is not what i would refer to as plug and play like CCCam is. With CCCam you can in most cases chuck the card into the receiver without a config file and it will decode off the card in the slot.

OSCam isn't like this. You need to configure it to read the card first which for a newbie is a nightmare. Even the simplistic approach of putting a C line in to the config files isn't as easy with OSCam. The Alien 2 is definitely not a good box for the beginner to start with.

Where are you intending on getting a C line from if you don't mind me asking?

Nano

• you must give to receve in this hobby thats what its all about most ppl on here are hobbists and always buy and play about with things there are alot of ppl out there think they can just buy a box and thats it get free channels ect but its not so simple as that you have got a linux box do reading like i said and play about if you dont you will never learn about this hobby.

p.s sorry i missed your induction:sun:

woz

• Hi, in the same boat here, have channel list uploaded, picons Etc, but can activate Oscam! Have FTP'd into filers Etc but I am beat after that, using the HDMU image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Are we able to show people to other forums? There is an Enigma image where Oscam is pre configured but it's on a dissent forum.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

• and wich image are you talking about.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• Thats lavatronics again. It will probably be a back up of the Satstation Firmware. No idea how good it is now, but the last time i used that firmware it was all over the place with constant freezing and green screens of death. Thankfully i don't have to put up with it anymore as i no longer own any Amiko products.

Now people know what it is they are looking for there is no need for a link to it. The Satsation forum is just a front for the Lavatronics shop in much the same way as the Alsat forum is to the Alsat shop so it will be biased towards the products they sell.

Nano

• Yes it is a back up of the sat station firmware,it is working fine now apart from the terrestrial side which is being looked at.
    Even tho they don't discuss card sharing they have some easy to follow tutorials and even have an oscam/cccam config where all you have to do is type in your user name and password.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!