help with ubuntu server setup

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,019 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• hi. i have loaded ubuntu to pc. im setting up ssh, well starting, but im coming across errors, sudo -i , enter password , ......... now Apt-Get Install Openssh-Server returns command not found. need help , im new to this first attempt. trying to run ubuntu,smartgo, cccam

• afaik chown is change owner meaning they have to be made as root you can then chmod 755 after, you can do this with winscp if you dont want to do it the command line way

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• ok, multipack im hitting block wall ere, cant seem to make progress going the so called easy way( auto install) . i carry on this way c how far i go... just one thing. chown is change owner meaning i put ,= root username /var/etc and so on

• hey predator ! are you typing in username/var/ect because it might need you to type "your user name" ie ...... /rik/var/ect ..... i know its a simple thing but so am i ! and i think i might have made that error too but i'm certain i got past that and had cccam running in ubuntu ! good luck mate ! you could always use the debian with cccam and auto install script ! that worked for me straight out of the tin ! awesome !

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• ok, think im on the move again,, i need to put Cccam.x86 into folder /usr/local/bin. can you tell me how to do this,, please

download your choice of cccam version ie: 2.1.3 or above, unpack it with winrar then use winscp to transfer CCcam.x86 file to /usr/local/bin.Hope this will help you.

• ok, just want to say big thanks to guys here that helped me out especially multipack, and Ten Below. ever so grateful, wouldnt havegot there on my own.. cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!