Dm500s best image for motorised setup and epg

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,576 times. The last Post () by nano.

• The DM500s is not the best receiver for controlling a motorised dish, by past experience the power supply on them isn't up to the job. I never managed to get mine to move the motor at the end of a 30m run of cable. All of my other receivers have managed it fine, only the DM500 crapped out.

As stated above (unless you have a genuine DM500s which is highly unlikely as i would say clones out number the genuine items by at least 5000 to 1. I have actually never seen a genuine DM500s only a DM500+) you have to use a non-bomb modified version of Gemini if above release 4.30 as there is a good chance it may kill the receiver.

To be honest the best image i've found on the DM500 for stability and ease of setup is the Powerboard Enigma VX image. Concentrate on getting a stable image first before worrying about EPG and other plugins.

Sakisvele, please read the rules mate. You've been a member of the forum for over 12 months and you obviously haven't read the rules otherwise you would have introduced yourself as per forum rules. This shows respect to the forum and other forum users.

Thanks.

Nano

• Thanks

i'm trying to flash SY UK ready Nabilosat Oscam+CCcam2.1.3 DM500 Backup with flashwizard but not having any luck i currently have commando image installed
    any ideas

• Use an older version Dreamup and a null modem cable.

I've always found using Flashwizard problematic on the DM500, the safest and most reliable way is to use Dreamup.

Nano

• Use an older version Dreamup and a null modem cable.

I've always found using Flashwizard problematic on the DM500, the safest and most reliable way is to use Dreamup.

Nano

thing is its not a img file ?

• I no longer had a DM500 to clarify or test the image unfortunately. Its been a while since i really messed with an older Enigma1 box

I would suggest to try flashing the original Nabilosat image that the backup is made from to the box first with Dreamup and then send the backup image over to the box with Flash Wizard afterwards once you have confirmed the box works with image you sent over to it with Dreamup. that should make the image on the box 100% compatible with backup image.

It maybe due to the bootloader or something like that on the image the box is currently running that could be causing the issue.

Try what i have suggested first, If that doesn't work i really don't know what to suggest, but that's how i would proceed if i had that issue.

Like i said its all purely theoretical as i can't test it nor can i remember ever doing it that way as i don't use backup images, but i would say you have no harm in trying it that way, it will either work or it won't.

I can't remember if Dreamup will only work with an image file or not, its been at least a few weeks since i last used it to set up my old E1 boxes before i sold them.

Nano

• unfortunatly the backup was downloaded from here ?

• No i mean download Nabilosat Darkstar and install that first. Install the unadulterated image that the backup would have been based on.

what image was on the box before. What is the file extension of the backup you downloaded from here. Is it a .img file, a .zip or .rar file or something else?

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!