help with vu duo

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,690 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• ok and now i have just flashed the latest vti backup image and the same thing again.... flashed all ok but stuck on starting

any ideas please

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• when i flash my duo i unplug the ethernet , usb stick and take card out so the box is not trying to do something when flashing ect and try flashing a origanel image not a back up and also back track what you have done bacause most of the time its somrthing that you have done.

woz

• it sounds like your doing some thing when flashing do this mate

take any usb sticks out the duo front and back
    take card out front if have one
    unplug ethernet cable

right format usb stick in fat or fat32

download latest image vix 3.0 600 here Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall //// Blackhole here http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…ck-hole-2-0-0-oe-2-a.html

unzip to the formated usb stick

turn duo off at the back

put the usb stick with the image on it in the usb on front of the duo now flick the switch back on at the back of the duo and let it do its thing till the message comes on the front screen on the duo saying remove usb and reboot what i do is power off the duo then i remove the usb stick then i turn the duo back on and wait till it boots up then do all the setting up.

woz

• that is EXACTLY as i have been doing it....

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• ok just noticed a sticker on the box stating that if i needed to update the software to visit the following site: VU+ Images - Duo

now does this ring any alarm bells or would this mean the box could be a clone ??

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• tried alsorts of images and nothing now.
    reverted back to and flashed the same way i did all the others back to the vix 2.3 and it flashed no bother.
    so i am guessing this box needs an update of some description or he could possibly be sold an old clone instead of an orignal !!
    any ideas,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• first there is a thread on here on how to tell if you have a clone duo this needs to be done first!!

if its not a clone you wont do any harm by starting over reflash the bootlaoder - here http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…69-duo-cfe-rev-3-0-a.html

then put the original image on -- here http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…vu-duo-image-release.html

this way you know you have covered everything you dont have to do the setup just let it boot up to the setup wizard then start again with the latest image the one you wont.

good luck

• i came across this else where:

i have an original and many clones differenced visuall from the outside that ive noticed are:
    original on front right corner has "dolby digital plus" "DVB-S2 HD Twin PVR" the clone just has "DVB-S2 HD Twin PVR"

the box he has just has "DVB-S2 HD Twin PVR" so now it is telling me it is a clone !! so what the hell does he do now !!

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• ok just noticed a sticker on the box stating that if i needed to update the software to visit the following site: VU+ Images - Duo

now does this ring any alarm bells or would this mean the box could be a clone ??

niall_b73

if it has that sticker then yes it's a clone, and with that this as far as i'm willing to go in this thread.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• hi, maybe stupid question do you put 2 folder in the usb vuplus and vuduo you have to have 2 folder in your usb..

• hi, maybe stupid question do you put 2 folder in the usb vuplus and vuduo you have to have 2 folder in your usb..

yeah 2 folders. i no i was doing it all proper because when i did his original image it worked fine.
    so i now no what the problem is as stated above, i just hope he can get his money back or the machine sorted !!

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!