is it possible to format from udf file system to ntfs

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,528 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• like it says above, when i got my box first off i just plugged it in and set up all i could on it.
    this includes the neighbors external hdd and when setting it all up i was asked did i want to format it to ext3 or 4, i cant even remember now.
    anyhow to cut a long story short i think i have fcuked up the neighbors hdd.......

is there any way i can reformat it back the way it should be ?

correct me if i am wrong here:
    the hdd was originally a ntfs file system but then i changed it to udf file system and now i want it back to ntfs ??

many thanks,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• If it's a external HDD then you should be able to connect it to a Laptop/PC by the usb connection. When you plug it in hopefully after a short time you will get a message up on the screen asking you if you want to format the drive,if this doesn't happen then go to my computer and look to see if the drive is showing there, if it is then right click on it and select the format option, this will let you put it back to NTFS file system.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• none of the above are working, yes i can get into disc management but the delete partition and format options are not highlighting thus i am not getting the option to do so :(

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• ok i have got myself confused now....
    yeah that program works but what do i format it to ?
    fat32 or ntfs ??
    sorry for the sillyness

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Rite so now all that is done I now want to just insert my 8gb memory stick into the back of the box.
    I have that done, onw I have to initalise it and it is asking me do I want it in ext3, ext4, NTSC or fat32 ??

Should I leave as is in fat 32 or summit else ?

Niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• rite then, i have been messing about with this for some time now and it is doing me nut in !!

i have an 8gb usb pen in the back of the box, so i go to menu/tspanel/tools1/device manager and then i click on initialize.
    it then asks me what partition and i click on 1 partition.
    it then gives me 4 options, ext 4, ext 3, ntfs and fat 32.

but when i either go to click on anything other than the 1 partition or the ext 4 the machine just freezes and i have to pull the plug to reset it again !!

all i want is for the usb pen to be able to record/timeshift and to hold the picons.

any ideas please or iam i going wrong somewhere ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Ok buddy, remove the usb pen drive from your box and format it to fat32 on a lappy or pc, then insert it back in.

What image are you using??? if it is Vix then it will auto mount, if it's Blackhole you will be to mount it.Press the blue button twice on your remote and go to device manager.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok buddy, remove the usb pen drive from your box and format it to fat32 on a lappy or pc, then insert it back in.

What image are you using??? if it is Vix then it will auto mount, if it's Blackhole you will be to mount it.Press the blue button twice on your remote and go to device manager.

i am using the latest openpli image

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• will do mate once i get access to my machine, the ladies of the house have taken over it and are watching crappy 80's chick flicks on ice film.

thanks again for your help

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• ok so i am still struggling with this.

every time i try to initialize the storage device it goes as far as 99% then says "waiting for mount" then after a bit i get a message saying "initializing storage device.... error timeout elapsed, sorry"

i have tried this with two different memory sticks, a 4gig and an 8gig.
    i have done it on the tspanel and on the openpli setup page.

anymore ideas ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!