Nbox 5800SX 500gb version, which firmware ?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,488 times. The last Post () by asobrino88.

• I see the 500gb version of this receiver starting to appear from the usual sources and was wondering if apart from the larger hard drive is there any other differences from the 250gb one that i should be aware of ?
    I went ahead and ordered a 250gb version yesterday to have a go installing the Enigma2 firmware myself but am a bit unsure which one to go for from a stability and support point of view ?

Many thanks for reading :-)

J.

• From what i have read its quite difficult to install Enigma 2 on to these boxes if they are running the N - ITI original software. Its about a 2hr process apparently. It also depends on which model of box you have bought as only the BSLA twin tuner boxes will take the firmware update.

ADB 5800SX nbox HDTV Recorder. Also known as ITI-5800SX
    Colour - Black.

Versions: BSLA, BZZB, CHTC

I have seen a few bits and pieces dotted around various forums, but most of the posts are in Polish, and with polish not being my strongest language i wouldn't know where to start.

Please let us know how you get on. The attached PDF may give you a few pointers, but as i have always stated if you try this and ruin your box please don't try and blame me as you do this at your own risk.

Nano

I have seen a few bits and pieces dotted around various forums, but most of the posts are in Polish, and with polish not being my strongest language i wouldn't know where to start.

maybe you should start here.......

Code
    http://www.rosettastone.co.uk/learn-polish

:snicker:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have received today my guinea pig 250gb version of the ITI-5800SX so now the fun starts using the supplied instructions above, i dont speak any Polish so if someone who is fluent in this language and English can help me out with any hints or tips it would be appreciated ?
    I plugged in the receiver which came with a supplied card which i assume is already activated as it decodes all the packages mentioned on Hotbird so i assume this card is mated to this receiver and wont work in my Technomate TM-800HD ?
    I enquired with the Polish seller of the 500gb version whose English is as good as my Polish ;-) asking if this version supported the Enigma2 mod using Google translate which seems to be asking him something different from what i want to know ;-)
    J.

• Still have the guinea pig receiver here but have not been brave enough to make a start at the hardware modification because i feel that the pdf file that Nano posted above maybe incomplete due to it being translated from Polish and i am waiting for a suitable ttl cable to arrive in the post. If someone here on the forum who is fluent in Polish could get involved and rake through the tons of info here on the net about the modification and see whats maybe left out ?
    J.

• Thats good, its one that can be modified then :haha:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!