tvheadend oscam and cccam combo on same host

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 899 times. The last Post () by tryme.

• i am trying to get the config in the thread title on the same PC on my local network. this is a ubuntu pc. this came from an ill-prepared conversation with a friend just today that i have thrown myself into today, so i might not have everything i need (please excuse if so, and help a soul get to the end game...)

it runs XBMC, and having updated recently to the v12 which allows Live TV, I added the tvheadend server, which is able to scan a dub-s2 card for the freesat (uk) channels.

now i would like to add the extras of cccam. i have been trying all night now, and endlessly lost in hundreds of threads i have followed down different rabbit holes. alot of content is directed to dreambox type devices, which though should be similar, i do expect some differences.

i followed a guide from here to "auto install" oscam and cccam for ubuntu, which worked fine. i can't bring up a browser to the cccam port 16001, but there is something kicking around in its log file. oscam is up and running, and though i can get to the browser config i have no clue how to configure it further via browser or command line.

i dont know the high level of what i am trying to achieve... or what i should hope to see in the log files.
    currently, i just have the pc itself, with the various server software installed. do i need any extra hardware? card reader? satellite card, i.e. sly or otherwise?
    could it all be done via software?
    if i am ok with the above 2, can someone help me diagnose the config i have?

thanks

jingo_man

• thanks tryme.

found the cause of my issue. the cccam binary was not staying running. no idea why not. but after looking at various threads, guides, etc, it was possible to do what was required only through oscam, which i was able to do.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!