How do you backup an image on Vu+Duo ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,157 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Silly question, but how do you backup your image? I have just got my Duo and it has Black hOle on it, I want to use Vix, which image should I use?

• I'm not sure about the procedure on BH but on ViX it's very very easy to creat a backup via the purpose made backup manager in the image it self.

Blue button> ViX> Backup manager = This creates a full backup of your settings, including bouquets, plugins etc. you can also customize this to include specific files and folders you may want to keep safe. Backups made in this way can be restored at any time either during the initial setup of a new ViX install or directly via the Backup manager while in a existing setup ViX image.

Blue button> ViX> image manager = This creates a full Image backup that you can save to a USB stick and restore to the receiver at any time in the same way you would flash any other image. This is a full 1 to 1 backup of every thing you have on the image, note however that you can not restore this kind of backup within a running image it must be via a full flash.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• well i use ViX and i'm a senior member of the ViX image team. That said only you can know which image is best for you, i would recommend that you give both a try ( maybe even try a few other images too ) then decide for your self.

I will say this however, ViX is built for user friendliness and in my opinion it's inbuilt EPG can not be rivaled by any thing this side of a official box by the mighty murdock.

• There is a tutorial i wrote a while ago on this forum although it may be a little out of date, as for images you can either get the images directly from the OpenViX download site located at OpenViX Downloads or you could try one of the many backup images the staff post here which are already setup to include various plugins and addons etc.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!