OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin Support Take 2

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,262 times. The last Post () by kestrel.

• Just to point out that the iplayer will now work for you out side of the uk as well due to work done by the Dev team, not sure about the ITV player so some one may want to post back with results of that from out side of the uk.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Just to point out that the iplayer will now work for you out side of the uk as well due to work done by the Dev team, not sure about the ITV player so some one may want to post back with results of that from out side of the uk.

confirmed this does also apply to the ITV player out side of the UK.

• I would really like to take the time to thank Ian, EvO, TenBelow, CokeAddict, sonic1 and all other parties involved in modifying this and other OE-Alliance plugins to make them compatible with more images than we our selves are currently able to including and especially whole Black Hole team ( sorry if i missed any one out ). I am very humbled and proud that users of other images value these plugins enough to want to use them on their chosen image.

I would like to say that we in the OE-Alliance value such openness and this is one of the founding principles of our own alliance.

so from me I say thank you and i look forward to working with you in the future if the need arises. as always if you wish it, i will keep this thread updated with any new developments to do with this plugin including posting of files as and when we post them to our GIT, but please understand the under certain circumstances we may need to delay this process a little while we make sure the work we post is fit for purpose as we really dont like posting things that do not work.

• then issue the following command via a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3

I transferred the folder across and ran the command above via telnet but got this;

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know where exactly I've gone wrong?

• hello friend you have to introduce yourself first then post your queries in the enigma 2 support section it will get better attention there this trhread is for downloads of plugins so it might get ignored in here . anyway the on demand plugin will sort you out best of luck friend enjoy the best forum cheers

• new files have been added to the OE Alliance github

including itv screens and 4OD Player

trying to edit now and about 50% of the needed edits to the code is now completed.ive got the new plugin version to run on both python 2.6 and 2.7,on both BP and BH,but only by removing the png's(will sort these later)they seem to be 32bit and most images can only display 8bit or 16bit
    the biggest problem and one i may not be able to overcome alone is to do with the skins.
    certain elements appear to be missing from none vix skins and at the mo im totally stuck on this.and the plugin is crashing when trying to display the new itv screens.the jpegs are downloaded to the /tmp file but as i said my skin cannot display them.

anyone wishing to help needs to add two new modules too to get the new version of the plugin to run.

you need both the simplejson and decimal.py modules

i can supply these to anyone wishing to help as ive already sourced them off the net.

never been good with skins.

if anyone here is good with skins,this is what needs to be addressed.

[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'StreamsThumb'>
    warning, skin is missing element thumbnail in <class 'Plugins.Extensions.OnDemand.itvplayer.StreamsThumb'>

need help here guys.

Ian.

• Official Post

The 4OD is a great addition, i had no idea that content this old was available on the c4 site. My only complaint is can we please make it ignore every episode of come dine with me because i cannot take any more of it, for this reason as far as my Mrs knows the 4OD player does not exist and never will.:snicker:

Very impressed all the same though.
    beer10

• I hope some one can help me please; I have the OnDemand on the vu+duo on the vix image. Where does the 4OD plugin go, and do you un rar it and put the folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ with the other plugins.

• I hope some one can help me please; I have the OnDemand on the vu+duo on the vix image. Where does the 4OD plugin go, and do you un rar it and put the folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ with the other plugins.

if your using ViX the easiest thing would be to just delete the entire OnDemand folder from the receiver and replace it with the newer version, you may need to install a dependency for 4OD this can either be done via the following command with a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-simplejson && init 3

or use the attached .ipk file

• Great to keep updating the thread http://linuxsat-support.com/en…ance-ondemand-plugin.html but i will have to ask the question on what images these updates work.
    I'm not a Vix hater,but i prefer Black Hole and none of the latest updates seem to work on BH.
    Would be nice to see a message on your update posts to confirm what images they are tested working on.
    I don't have the know how to changes the code to have them working on my VU+
    Would like to see a little message with the updates just to confirm on what images they do work just to stop confusion.
    Thanks for your sharing the updates.

• This thread is for nothing more than me to post updates from the GIT, there are Two other threads on this forum where you can post and ask questions, this is not one of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!