Tutorial: How to install Infinity USB programmer on a Debian with CCcam

• Official Post

Setting up an Infinity USB Phoenix programmer to use On a Debian Linux PC server running CCcam

First things first, all credit goes to all those out there who have provided the advice and assistance on various forums that has made this possible. I DO NOT claim this to be my work; I have simply brought all the information flying around together in one place.

Also, I take no responsibility if you mess anything up – you use this tutorial at your own risk.

CCcam.cfg

Once you have got your PC/Laptop (server) setup with the Debian Linux operating system, you will need to upload your edited cccam.cfg file to the server (as per the tutorial you have probably used tells you to do).

I have set out below details of what my cccam.cfg file shows so that you can edit yours accordingly:

Code
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyS0
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyS0 3570000
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyS0
    BOXKEY : /dev/ttyS0 XX XX XX XX
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : XXXXX

The above assumes that your reader will be communicating with the server through Com1. If, for any reason, it will be communication through Com2 then you need to change the “S0” part in the detailsabove to “S1”.

The clock frequency will vary depending on which card it is you are using. For me, the frequency above works perfectly for the UK service provider.

For the box key, replace the X’s with your box key details.

The server will be set to port 12000 by default. If you are going to use this port then leave out the SERVER LISTEN PORT line. However, it is advisable to set up a different port number. It can be anything from 1 to 65555 but it must not be one that is already (or is likely to be) in use (eg 21, 22 etc).

Once you have edited your cccam.cfg file and uploaded it to your server following the tutorial for setting up the server, we can move on to the reader itself.

Setting up the Infinity USB Phoenix reader

We need to set up the reader so that it is operating in phoenix mode. To do this you will need to get the reader up and running on Windows XP PC/laptop (computer).
    On your computer install the reader either by using the disc that came with it or by downloading the software from the following website:
    WB Electronics

Once you have installed the reader on your computer, we need to configure the reader to run in phoenix mode.

Configure your card reader to automatically load up in Phoenix mode (I'm using Phoenix mode with a clock frequency of 3.58 Mhz).

To do this, connect your card reader to your computer via USB and serial lead (RS232).

? Launch Infinity USB, this should detect your card reader.
    ? Select: OPTIONS, GENERAL, PHOENIX
    ? Place a tick in 'Enable Phoenix Mode at Power On'
    ? Select your Frequency (eg in my case this is 3.58 Mhz for other providers it might be
    different)
    ? Select the reset polarity as Phoenix

To test that your reader has been configured, close down Infinity USB, unplug the reader and plug it back in again.

If configured correctly, the right hand side LED will power on RED instead of BLUE.

Installing USB drivers

Whether or not the USB drivers were installed at the time you installed Debian onto your PC/laptop, it would be worth running through the process to get them installed. Can’t do any harm even if they have been installed.

On your computer open up PuTTY and log into your server as root with the password you set up when you installed Debian on your PC/laptop.

Copy these commands from here and right-click in Putty to execute the following commands (if you don't like to write much):

Code
    apt-get update

Code
    apt-get install libusb-devel

(if this does not work for you try -)

Code
    aptitude install libusb-dev

write y and hit Enter when prompted to download and install

Code
    apt-get install gcc

write y and hit Enter when prompted to download and install

Code
    apt-get install make

Once done we move on to the next part.

nftytool (v1.1)

This is the driver that needs to be installed on your Debian computer in able for the reader to work.

nftytool is a program that should be used for Infinity USB and Infinity USB Phoenix ONLY!!

Download nftytool (v1.1) HERE to your computer.

FTP into your server as root and copy the downloaded file (as is) into the home directory.

Then write in PuTTy you need to execute the following commands to unpack and move the file you copied to the right place.

Code
    cd /home

Code
    tar -zxvf nftytool-1.1.tar.gz && cd nftytool-1.1

Code
    mkdir /var/nftytool

(this will make a directory for nftytool on /var)

Code
    cp * -r /var/nftytool

(This will copy the content of the nftytool-1.1 folder to the nftytool folder created in
    the last step above)

Code
    cd /var/nftytool

Code
    ./configure

Code
    make

Once the above is done connect your reader to the server. IT MUST be connected using both the USB and Serial (RS232) cables. The USB lead will power the reader and the reader will communicate with the server through the serial cable.

Next you need to get the reader started so back to your computer and log into the server using PuTTy as root and then execute ONE of the following commands (ie this will depend on the setting you used when configuring the reader earlier):

./nftytool -p phoenix -- -p phoenix -f 3.58 -e
    (For 3.58MHz)

./nftytool -p phoenix -- -p phoenix -f 3.68 -e
    (For 3.68MHz)

./nftytool -p phoenix -- -p phoenix -f 6.00 -e
    (For 6.00MHz)

You need to execute the command of the desired speed for your card in the nftytool folder once when you start it and again if you shutdown your system (not the Virtual Machine) and start it later, notwhen rebooting.

As long as the Infinity USB Phoenix gets power through the USB cable, then it will still function as its configured, only when it looses the power, then the command needs to be executed to configure it again. That said, once I had set mine up, even though the reader lost power (blooming USB cable popped out when I tried to move the reader to a better place) it still worked without me having to runthe commands again.

If you do shutdown your system and start it again at some point later you will probably need to execute these lines in PuTTy:

Code
    cd /var/nftytool

Code
    ./configure

Code
    make

Code
    ./nftytool -p phoenix -- -p phoenix -f x.xx -e

(x.xx are the desired speed of your card)

Well that’s it and if all things went well you should be able to use your server with your Infinity USB Phoenix reader.
    Enjoy!

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!