starting from scratch - image install

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 708 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I was fortunate to win the last bonusball prize of a Vu+ duo with HDD, and I'm ashamed to say its been sat in its box all this time.

As far as I understand, I will need to update the bootloader (duo_cfe_3_0_usb) and then install an image
    (was thinking of this one: http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-full-backup-mckee25.html
    ...then set my cam, config, crossepg etc up as preferred.

just a couple of newebie Q's.....

i) I have never powered the duo up yet - can I flash straight out of the box?

ii) Is it required to backup the stock firmware that comes with the duo?

any help much appreciated :)

• Hello bud,

It might be worth your while plugging the duo in and seeing if there is a image already installed on it, there could well be although it might just be the original Vu image.

In answer to your questions,

Yes you can flash the duo straight out of the box no probs, but I would update the bootloader first just to be on the safe side before you flash on any of the latest images.

No real need to backup the original firmware that comes with the duo as this can be flashed back on at any stage if you prefer it.

There is a newer version of the full backup you have chosen available here: http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-full-backup-mckee25.html

Once you have flashed that on then you can set your own preferences. Also have a look at the Vix backup's on the forum, well worth a look.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Got on just fine :caz2: thx McKee25 as advice and tuts on this site are spot-on.

Only minor niggle is the initial boot time, just got a micro USB - any advice as to which files I should move there (picons etc)

• Don't worry too much about the boot time because in normal use it will be in standby and not off so you won't have to wait like that each time. It is an idea to move picons and set the EPG to store on the USB. If there is an option set in your CrossEPG to reload EPG on boot, then this dramatically increases the boot time, but disabling this may cause the EPG not to load properly in some cases, meaning you would have to load the EPG again anyway, so for that I have always left it on. Not sure if you will get massive improvement in boot times but as I said, you won't often need to use the off switch.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!