68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) KU Band London's Installation‏

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,077 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Dear All

May you please help if will be possible to get this satellite signal reception in London.

Below are the full details:

Satellite: 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) KU Band
    TP: 12682 H / SR 27500
    TV Channel: Canal CVV International

Address: N18 1TP London ( I am excepting to use or install 1 to 1.5 meter fixed Dish top onthe roof)

Here is the result from Dish Point (Satellite finder - Dish Alignment calculator) via Google where they are a good clear line of sight to the east.

Your Location
    Latitude: 51.6130°
    Longitude: -0.0698°
    Sat Name: 68.5E INTELSAT 20 (IS-20) | INTELSAT 7 (IS-7) Ku Band
    Distance: 41187km
    Elevation: 4.4°
    Azimuth (true): 107.1°
    Azimuth (magn.): 108.4°
    LNB Skew [?]: -36.4°
    Turn counter-clockwise standing behind the dish.
    Please need recommendation in the terms of Dish size and best kind of KU band LNB (Including a suitable Ground stand as the dish will be on the roof)

Some people said this:

Dear Customer,
    London does fall within the footprint of that beam so it should be possible to downlink that service.

Best Regards,

Senior Technician, RF Operations Center One (ROC1)

Intelsat

2875 Fork Creek Church Road

Ellenwood, GA 30294

404-381-2600

SAT FORUM REACTION
    - This satellite is very low on the horizon chances of reception in a built up area are slim no guidelines re dish size or Lnb as I cannot get it & no satellite chart for Europe is available at moment.

- I used to have a 80 x 90 cm offset dish picking up the KU/Europe channels from this satellite a couple of years ago but it was not really big enough and lost signal in poor weather. A 1.2 meter Dish would have been ok I m sure.
    The biggest problem is having a clear line of sight to the satellite --- as william1 said the elevation is very low -- but a bit better in London than it was for me here in North West UK if you can setup your dish on a point as high as the surrounding buildings you may be o.k.

- Can confirm with my set up can receive this satellite with very strong signals on all the transponders on the Europe beam and even getting an ok signal on the one TP on the Russia beam. Triax 1.1m Dish. 68.5e - 45w. Sharp 0.3 Lnb.TM- 2600 Motor
    TM 6900 Combo Super+

Many thank you in advance for your cooperation and I am looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Kind Regards

Emmanuel - EMMAKGL

• The answers you will get here will be exactly the same as the ones you got on satellites.co.uk my friend. It all depends if you can get a clear line of sight between you and the satellite. I can get thatt satellite quite easily in the Midlands, although i live on top of a stonking big hill and have nothing between me and the satellite blocking line of sight.

68.5e is very low on the horizon in the UK. Line of sight should be the only issue you have. The only way your going to find out is by sticking up a dish and trying.

Nano

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!