Smargo help! ftdio_sio tty USB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32

There are 43 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,253 times. The last Post () by tomastkt.

• Hello,

I have now managed to ftp my cfg to the debian server.

However now the linux pc / debian server is not recognising my smargo smaertreader.

I receive the following error on the linux pc:
    ftdio_sio tty USB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32

And in webinfo I see the following:
    card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
    no or unknown card inserted

card reader /dev/ttyUSB1

card reader /dev/ttyUSB2

Any ideas?
    Is it possible to install the smargo drivers on the linux pc /debian?
    How do Install linux distro (oogle doesn't help much)?

Regards,
    Ibrar

• hi
    i had the same error, turns out my smargo is a clone with corrupt firmware, check the smargo firmware and theres also a guide on the forum to spot a clone, i wish id seen it before wasting a few hours trying to setup something that will never work right.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• How to spot a fake smargo+ reader

have a read of the above m8 ;)

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I can confirm that the samrgo card reader works fine without any problems in DM7025.
    That means it should be OK or could it still be a fake?

• i think these clones are just for dreambox's as stated in the description of the one i bought anyway :(
    i should have a dm800 tomorrow and will test the smargo in it, if it works i think its safe to say these are for receivers rather than servers.

• In the Samrgo tutuorial:

4: Uptate beginning.
    Copy to your PC linux server FTP 2 files:
    srp_tools_x86
    srp_update_x86
    Set on console to both file chmod 755 !

Where do I FTP these files?
    home / ccccam?

• you can put them wherever you want and then cd into that folder and run them from there, for example
    use winscp to drop the files into your home directory or wherever you want then in putty.
    su
    cd /home/cccam/
    chmod the 2 files chmod 755 srp_tools_x86 chmod 755 srp_update_x86 then run the update, i would be interested to know if you have strange firmware like mine, 14.9 and is there any way to force an update of the other firmware.

• Version 1.3

I realised today that I had not changed it from dreambox to Normal mode.
    Could this be the cause?

I have not had a chance to test yet it as the faimly are watching the cricket. lol

• That version will work fine so no need to upgrade. Insert smargo reader with your viewing card to your Linux server then Check cccam info php entitlement. If card not detected try to stop then restart CCcam.x86 then check entitlement.

• "unable to read latency timer -32"

don't worry about this text its normal for debian to report this

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• "unable to read latency timer -32"

don't worry about this text its normal for debian to report this

t

I've got the same issue... When I connect my Smargo into my windows 7 machine and start the updater, it showed me that I've got version 1.3. After an update to 1.4 it shows me it's been updated and that it's version 1.4 now.
    Even when I start the updater (v1.3) and try to run it... it shows me that my smargo is now 1.4 and that the updater is 1.3.

But when I connect the smargo to the ubuntu or Debian server. It shows me "smartreader+ version v14.9" all the time.

And it won't read my cards... :(

When I set the following setting: SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    (nothing else) and reboot the machine (ubuntu several versions) and watch the started programs.
    Then CCcam.x86 is listed once... and when I try to connect to http://ip:16001 it won't show me anything. (not working)

then I'll try to start CCcam.x86 -dv and get the following result:

01:56:08.229 CCcam: ======================================================================
    01:56:08.230 CCcam: starting CCcam 2.0.4 compiled on Oct 11 2007@00:05:32
    01:56:08.230 CCcam: ======================================================================
    01:56:08.230 CCcam: online using nodeId 59a8dbda4fc8939c
    01:56:08.231 CCcam: create 1 cam device(s)

After the create 1 cam... it hangs and won't go any further. I'll have to quit CCcam (foreground).

Has anyone else had simular problems?

• firstly why are you using cccam 2.0.4 ( no support for new cards !!!!! )
    why have you updated firmware on smargo as 1.3 is the best to use ???
    what card are you trying to read ?
    have you set your smargo into normal or dreambox mode from smargo tools ?

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!