Commando V14.x image to Dreambox500S

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,349 times. The last Post () by dreamax123.

• Hi everybody!Since the day i became member of this great team i was using to my Dreambox500s a Nabilo image with Mgcamd 1.35 in order to watch encrypted channels from Hotbird 13".I was happy because using all those free servers i was able to watch my favorite channels.But when i read a post about Commando i said that is something much better than Nabilo,or Gemini or Pli i used at the past.

At the first i downloaded the last edision of Commando (V14.7).Using Dreamup i tried to install this image to my Dreambox but it is too big (as the Dreamup said)

Then i tried to install the previous version Commando 14.6

I setup the satelite...

I run a scan for transporters and channels (I thing best scan ever i saw)

I put cccam.bin in folder /var/bin/emu

I put cccam.cfg in folder /var/etc

CCcam file was like that C : Myserver Myserversport Myusername Mypassward

I put one of those free server,then two then five but i didnt saw anything on my screen.

So first question.Is it possible to install Commando V14.7 on my Dreambox 500s?

Second question .Did something wrong with Commando v14.6 and CCcam 2.13 and i couldnt saw anything on my screen? (cccam was on i check it)

I forgot to tell you that i leave in Greece and oi only want to be client to a free server.

I really want to use Commando any version so i need your suggetions and advices

Thank you !!!

Dreamax123

• Official Post

There have been many updates so my advice is to flash the latest 14.7 image. Do not use dreamup you should use the rootcramfs method instead.

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.

• Rename the image file to backup.img
    • FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
    • Telnet to your box and paste the following command:

Code
    [align=left] cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot 
    [/align]
  • I tried with telnet as you adviced me but the answer from the system was :

cp: unable to open /dev/mtd/backup.img : Permission denied

Any suggetions?

I must tell you i tried with telnet of DCC

• Hi again!It was a new adventure for me setting up Commando V14.7 and make work with cccam 2.14.
    Now i need to set up some thing in order to make this system to work perfect for me.
    1)Is possible to change the OSD Language?Maybe if i ftp copy files from another dreambox with Nabilo or Pli or Gemini to a folder of the Commando system?Will it work?Remember that i am from Greece and all the EPG information canot be seen by me right.
    2)I saw the post about Commando V14.6 and Mgcamd!Someone wrote that we need to put the mgcamd file in /var/bin/emu
    some lib files but he didnt said which file but he said this file shoud be in the installation image,and newcamd.list and mg_cfg file in
    /var/keys.I want to ask two things.Does the installation image of Commando V14.7 has the lib file that Mgcamd needs to work?And if it does where can i find a Mgcamd file to work with Commando V14.7

Can anyone answer me please?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!