Second Column

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 644 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi All

Just been looking around Oscam and in readers under reader general settings I see there is 2 column for the services.
    The second column has ! in front of all the services
    Anyone know what this column is for.

Thanks

PS if there is 2 cards attached what does fallback do?

• Thanks ferdi

Just another question
    If I have 3 cards working and I go into reader 1 and tick a few of the packages in column 1 does this mean that that reader is only working for them packages or does it mean this card will not allow these
    packages, some times I find the same packages show up on both the readers ? also do I need to turn on fallback to allow the cards to we say like roam to other readers.

thanks

• Thanks ferdi

Just another question
    If I have 3 cards working and I go into reader 1 and tick a few of the packages in column 1 does this mean that that reader is only working for them packages or does it mean this card will not allow these
    packages, some times I find the same packages show up on both the readers ? also do I need to turn on fallback to allow the cards to we say like roam to other readers.

thanks

as soon as you start defining services on a user or server account, then you will only be able to give/receive (depending if on oscam.server or oscam.user) what is defined. If you are using the first column on web interface - that is positive services (service) - and if you use the second column this is negative services (!service). Negative services will reject the definition and allow all else, and positive service will allow the definition and reject all else. In both instances you can select as many positive or as many negative definitions, and this way you get a lot of control over what you get or what you share, but don't use positive and negative together in most situations.

oscam.services doesn't seem to work with local cards as far as I have seen for positive services - only negative (the second column), but it is fine with virtual cards and user accounts, so if you are looking at controlling shares to peers then you are best using it on user accounts imo.

If you set loadbalancer to the fastest reader then it will always select the best card, so imo there is no need to adjust the fallback settings from the default values.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!