suggestion on replacement BTHub V3??

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 856 times. The last Post () by voyger.

• hi all is here any one can make a suggestion on good replacement BTHub V3??

got Bt infinity for few day now and i am struggler to open a port

will be apprecited if any one can suggest on good replacement BTHub V3 an will be easy to port forward

thankyou

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• I replaced my BT homehub v3 with a Netgear WNDR3700 exactly for the reason you have mentioned. Port forwarding, everything was fine on the homehub until there was a firmware upgrade. After that I could only ever get one port open.

Don't regret changing to the Netgear, can do whatever I want with it and gives no probs at all. Also very user friendly for configuring etc.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Problem after the firmware upgrade was adding a new port to open, say you added oscam on port 12000, portforward would change to something like pc anywhere, simple matter of going to port forward again and editing it back to 12000, bit of a pain, but still easy to fix.

• if you can afford it a draytek , best in the business !

couldn't agree more !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• have had no issues port forwarding , you need to go into advanced settings portforwarding ,supported devices , and create and name a profile then assign it to the device , im fine on the new firmware and have loads of things running over the net

• have had no issues port forwarding , you need to go into advanced settings portforwarding ,supported devices , and create and name a profile then assign it to the device , im fine on the new firmware and have loads of things running over the net

Same here - BT black hub version3 with no problems at all -

However i still say Draytek is probably one of the best you can buy .

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Check Asus RT-N16. You can flash it with dd-wrt or tomato and have it for a long time. 128MB flash QoS, VPN, BitTorrent and many more. (Linux based).

• thankyou very-much to all very much appreciated your input..so got two good choice Asus RT-N16. or Draytek or Netgear

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• let you know now i did manage to edit and open a port on V3 now is been more then 30 minute is look all ok very huppy

did use the tip from stevejo post #7 believe been save some money for a new router very easy when we know LOL

thankyou all great support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!