Amiko alien 2 Freezing

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,366 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi to all.
    My story. My box keep freezing today I re flash back to Amiko Alien 2 Rescue.Image 1.2.50. Update to latest version 1.61E. Then I setup to *** 28.2 scan all channel's check if it works yes, after that check EPG everything as default set to download for *** 28.2 it stop at read title,(freeze) I switch from back and when I check again on channel which I watched is EPG the rest off channels is nothing if I switch to another channel EPG is upload by self if not then there is no EPG. That is one problem after couple minute I try to switch to another channel and it freeze by self switch off from back again. Now I try to setup the second satellite to scan for channel's scanned till 73% time-left 2min to finish and it freeze again (only scan 1 satellite at a time).
    I was to the shop from where I bought and the gay say that this box is impossible to be fault bought on Christmas since then I didn't manage to use properly, compare to previous Technomete never have any problem.
    I would like to ask what is your opinion about that and how I can fix,
    Is there any option to check for log files like in PC event viewer?
    Please help I'm desperate with that box.
    Thank you.

• I would suggest trying a different image, If that doesn't work and it keeps doing it its probably a hardware fault. If thats the case cut your losses and buy a proper MIPS based box, one that was designed to run Enigma 2, not one that had to use an Enigma firmware that has been modified to work with the SH4 chipset.

I had my Alien 2 for a few weeks and thought it was a horrendous box, probably the worst one i have ever had the displeasure of owning, but thats just my opinion, I know of a few people who own them and are very happy with them. I certainly wouldn't entertain buying another one. I ended up sending the crock of sh*t back to the seller, although that was due to a hardware fault.

Try installing different firmware and see what happens.

Nano

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!