tsmedia install problems on dm800 oe 2.0

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,506 times. The last Post () by foz.

• hi guys
    i am trying to install tsmedia on dm800 running the latest open dreambox image oe2.0 with gemini gp3.2 wizard installed
    i've ftped the ts media over and tried to install as per tuto but it needs gst-plugins-bad-rtmp
    so ive tried installing that ftping it to /tmp but get the following error output:-
    root@kitchen:~# opkg install /tmp/gst-plugins-bad-rtmp_0.10.23-r2-dream4_mips32e
    l.ipk
    Unknown package 'gst-plugins-bad-rtmp'.
    Collected errors:
    * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for gst-plugins-bad-rtmp found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugins-bad-rtmp.
    root@kitchen:~#
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    foz

• Official Post

Install this first then TSmedia plugin.

• Official Post

thanks ten below but please read op
    that is what i am trying to install ....
    but i get Packages for gst-plugins-bad-rtmp found, but incompatible with the architectures configured ??
    thanks
    foz

So mips32el.ipk is not reconised by your image, which kind of ipk does work?
    I can easily rebuild an ipk for you.

• root@kitchen:~# opkg install /tmp/gst-plugins-bad-rtmp_0.10.23-r2-dream4_all.ipk
    Installing gst-plugins-bad-rtmp (0.10.23-r2-dream4) to root...
    Collected errors:
    * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for gst-plugins-bad-rtmp:
    * librtmp0 (>= 2.43+git1+30cf8a8b155595503089f98e86bca504a541a1b2) *
    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugins-bad-rtmp.
    root@kitchen:~# opkg install librtmp0
    Unknown package 'librtmp0'.
    Collected errors:
    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package librtmp0.
    root@kitchen:~#

do i need to force it with somthing like:-
    cd ../../tmp && ipkg install --force-overwrite *.i
    pk?

• Official Post

No its looking for the following files but they do not seem to be in your images feeds.

Code
    Depends: gst-plugins-bad, gstreamer (>= 0.10.36), libcrypto0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8x), libffi5 (>= 3.0.10), libxml2 (>= 2.7.8), libz1 (>= 1.2.6), librtmp0 (>= 2.43+git1+30cf8a8b155595503089f98e86bca504a541a1b2), libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8x), libc6 (>= 2.13), libglib-2.0-0 (>= 2.30.3)
    Source: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23.tar.bz2 file://0001-mpegtsdemux-fix-bd-streamtype-detection.diff.patch file://0002-add-indexing-capabilities-to-generate-a-SPN-PTS-map-.patch file://0003-mpegpsdemux_speedup.diff.patch file://orc.m4-fix-location-of-orcc-when-cross-compiling.patch

Try putting

Code
    opkg update

in telnet then installing again, sorry i do not know your image they may all come bundled under a different package.

• dreambox-image-dm800-20130315.nfi the std dream image with gemini gp3.2 wizard installed dl from dreamboxupdate.com
    i had tried the opkg update before posting
    sorry about this ten below
    i will test another image i think later
    what do you recommend (ive tested most oiver the years but new to oe2.0)
    thanks buddy
    foz

• Official Post

Its been a while since i owned an e2 dreambox mate so couldnt really recommend one to you as im sure alot will have changed since then.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!