Openbox S9 no H to V polarization switch, only 25,4V from tuner to LNB insted of 14V

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,811 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• hi
    i have openbox S9 which works OK for H polarization but there is no V
    i chacked voltage from tuner to LNB and during H (24V) to V (should be 14v) switch there is still 24,5V.
    it's mean some kind of 5legs switch is damage but i don;t know which one.
    there was same problem with dream dm500 so openbox should have same 5legs switching chip who operates H to V polarization switch.
    i checked this post LINK and repalce yellow cap also i used wire but no success.
    please advice me which one 5legs chip operate for H to V polarization switch
    thanks

• the yellow disck is only a fuse as shuch if that goses there is no power to then lnb to the right of that is a transiter on the silver heat sink. have you got a 2nd box connected to the same dish at all

boxs im good with= all ***box,s all openbox,s amiko alien 2 & SHD-8900

• This problem is fixed very easy if you get a 6db Technetix Forward Path Attenuator they can be found on our friendly auction site or you could flag down a virgin media installer who in sure would give you one , i personal have used this fix a few times often needed with the older sly quad lnbs this fix works on the f5 box also its the same issue

• lol ... its the regulator thats on board ,, i have fixed quite a few of these in the past im at work today .. so when im, home il tell u what 2 componets to replace..as u will see.. i have experiance with repairs on these boxs..cheers promo

• Thank you for this post. I tried the link and put the wire across the connector and it worked 100%. I have an Openbox S11. It boosted the signal to 100% and all the missing channels are up and running 100%. Great fix.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!