Pixelated in Timeshift and recording HD channels

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 598 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Well that friends, I have a clone DM800HD BH Phoenix V1.0 installed and connected to external HDD by LAN and made recordings and timeshift channels with all fine, no problems, but with no HD I can not because courts are and pixelated image every 10sec, and is impossible to see the recording conditions.
    Any idea for this?

Data Tuner: Alps BSBE2 (DVB-S2)

Thank you!

• Intro
    please post an intro.

I have often had issues recording and pausing HD content via networked HDD, so I don't bother with it now. There are a lot of things in the way of getting the optimum speed that you should be abie to theoretically achieve, such as bottlenecking, other devices on your network, hardware limitations and compatibility, w/rw speeds, packet loss, etc, so you often find you are affected by this. You can try troubleshooting by trying a different cat5 cable, different router, HDD etc.

Bear in mind that the max you will physically achieve is 100mbps throughput - that is megabits not megabytes, so you are talking 12.5 megabytes per second. Take everything else in to account as above - as well as the fact that routers usually are limited, other stuff would be going on in the network, and on the hard drive - you might as well have the hard drive connected to the Dreambox, and then you can set up samba and have this drive as a networked drive!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!