i want to move on from my openbox x3 - suggest alternatives, budget 150 approx

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 605 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• Hi,

so my openbox X3 has gave in after only about three or four months, i had a failed signal issue and i had a new thermistor put in but it did not help.
    I liked the box because for a newbie like me i was able to do pretty much all the setting up (of course after using linuxsat-support tutorial threads etc :feel_good:)

i know there are other boxes available which have recording and good epg and are not too difficult in setting up.

I have a budget of approx £150, so I'd really appreciate some advice or suggestions as there are quite a few options available. I did feel with the £60 box that something was going to fail eventually, so another thing i want is something that is solid and reliable ?

All suggestions warmly apprecciated,
    snapplejacks

• Take a look at the MaxDigital XP1000 enigma2 run`s vix i believe and it has positive feedback.

• Avoid the Amiko Alien SHD8900 and Alien 2 unless you are willing to figure out how OSCam works, which is not easy for the beginner.

Have to agree with the post above. I have used the XP1000 box and it is a good piece of kit.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!