Nbox 5800sx com software

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,063 times. The last Post () by markcarole.

• Hello,
    Could anybody tell me if dreambox control centre will communicate with an Nbox , is there specific software for the receiver or is it all done by usb key?
    I have a duel tuner modded one running enigma : 2011-03-29 (no branch).
    Image: Release 7.1.6 2012-09-30.
    It came as a plug n play box but it doesn't want to play any more so i'd like to add a different c-line to it. Btw i am completely new to this.
    Thanks in advance.

• DCC will communicate with an nBox in the same way as it will with any other linux receiver. You can also use Crimson Editor or any of the free trials of FTP software like CuteFTP, or FlashFXP.

You will still need to use your USB flash drive i you intend to update the firmware to Enigma 7.1.7 or PKT Nebula. I can recommend PKT Nebula Zero.

Nano

• Hello,
    Going to try an update my nbox from enigma to nebula zero.
    First i need to change my uboot to duo multi boot and use bt4 boot. (Thanks to euro trans)
    Then just update the firmware to the recommended nebula zero (thanks nano for the advice), Easy peasy.
    Wish me luck.
    Two questions though
    Would it matter if i do a factory reset first?
    And do i need to backup my bouquets, image before i start?

• Won't make a scrap of difference if you do a factory reset or not. Back all your bouquets up first with Dreambox edit.

Nano

• Finally managed to change to multi boot and then installed nebula zero (thanks nano). Working great but had the 4 yr old daughter beside me when it booted initially and the logo scared the s**t out of her. I have been also successful in updating the epg ang getting both tuners running on 28.2. Is it possible to use a diseqc switch for another satellite on one of the tuners? I am looking to pull in saorsat (eutalsat at 9deg east). I have a ka band lnb arriving soon. ( I am one of the 3% of the population who cannot receive saorview)
    I would also like to set up an emu and from what i have read, oscam is the best for a twin tuner. Would this be correct?

• had a look and they seem quite expensive on there? im not familiar with that site so is there any person to search for in particular?

thanks

• download total commander to communicate with nbox username (root) host name ( your ip address) password (leave password blank) ( to instal c line var/keys ) you will need to download (cccam to oscam converter ) to change c line to oscam .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!