Ntfs USB hard drive help

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 929 times. The last Post () by McrRed.

• I have solo2 with openViX 623 all working ok
    But I have a 1tb USB hard drive with lots of mkv s photos mp3s and other stuff on it
    But when I plug it into my solo2 I can't see it any were it is formatted ntfs file

Anyone have any idea with this please

Thanks

• I had a similar situation with 1tb usb drive but using BlackHole. The popular advice was to reformat the drive in a linux friendly manner, but like you, this would have meant losing all my existing data on the drive.

First, the drive has to be mounted , mine was ,using the menu system-but still wouldn't record even though i could see movies and other files that were on the drive!

Eventually i found a workaround (on a bh dedicated forum) and the drive works perfectly for recording.
    I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Linux but the solution worked anyway.

So hopefully the same procedure is possible for all linux images (?)

Edit:
    Found the script, which involved writing a file called harddisk.sh and ftp-ing it to the receiver (much as you would write a cccam.cfg and transfer that over. Hope it works for you...(credits to jan&fransje)

Write a shell script (see above) or use harddisk.sh

b. FTP the script file to the directory /etc/init.d

c. Make sure its atribute is set to 755

d. FTP to the directory /etc/rcS.d

e. The files in this directory are in the format Sxxfilename -where xx indicates the order in wich the files are executed when starting the box

e.g. in my box S40networking (no mounts HDD) is the last file to read when starting up the box - so S39harddisk.sh will be the next highest to be executed

f. Now use Telnet to execute the command line:

ln -s /etc/init.d/harddisk.sh /etc/rcS.d/Sxxharddisk.sh

Then reboot receiver et voila , bon chance !

Even the longest journey begins with the first step...

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!