openbox repairs - any suggestions ?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 735 times. The last Post () by mastercare.

• Hi,

before i throw my openbox X3 on the scrapheap, would anyone be able to suggest someone that could look at it for me or take it themselves to have a play on and try and see if it can be repaired. I am putting a certain element of trust in someone here and if it can be fixed a small fee would be forthcoming.

Thanks,
    snapplejacks.

• These are cheaply made mass produced receivers, and to be honest you would be better off with the scrapheap option in my opinion. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but at the same time I would encourage you to take the plunge, fork out a bit more and get an enigma2 based receiver:linuxsat3:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• correct.

I'm getting an enigma2 box, but i still like the idea of having a wee back-up box to play around with sometimes, i think i just got a bad one, my bro-in-law and mates have the X3 and never had an issue. So, i can't really identify the issue, which is why i'd like to offer it out to someone for a short while, someone who knows a lot more about the box than me and if someone can fix it, well obviously i'd like it back, but sure i'd give a small fee. i don't want to put anyone out, but some of you like to delve into the electronic side of these boxes and might be capable of doing a repair, just thought i'd put it out there

by the way, i tried replacing my thermistor, but to no avail - it is still showing a failed signal message.

• is it no signle on all chanles to the right of thermistor is a transiter that cud have gon which supplys the voltiges to the lnb

boxs im good with= all ***box,s all openbox,s amiko alien 2 & SHD-8900

• hi im in s/w uk...if u have not thrown it out i would gladly have a look at it for..i have a few s10 recs here so could at least find out whats needed..
    but if thrown out already....not to worry..
    cheers paul.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!