on connecting my mini sat receiver to my laptop.

• No doubt a lame question but I need to ask it before I shell out and buy the gadget necessary to connect my sat dish directly to my computer. I have cobbled together a working dreambox emulator (openpli + oscam + cccam + sharing etc) on Ubuntu 11.1 using all the wonderful tutorials here - many thanks to everyone who posted the original tutorials and helped with correcting missing and broken links.

I believe it all to be working but it is not yet tested as I don't have the right hardware to connect my sat dish to my laptop.

1) recommendations for sd and hd anyone ?

2) I would like to know if there is anyway of using the outgoing usb port on my mini sat receiver that I have had for a couple of years to connect to my laptop. Normal use: A USB stick turns the sat receiver into a recorder (mpg files) and player. Probably the dumbest question ever asked here but I have to ask. (the device itself connects to the tv via an hdmi port)

Many thanks for your help in advance.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!